Newsflash: Disney has established their own Krewe

What are they experimenting with? How to recover from The Lone Ranger flop?

Heh it definitely flopped. I enjoyed it for what it was, but it was clear they were going for a Pirates feel that fell pretty flat. Fortunately for me it passed from the "hey this is sort of bad" to "so B movie it's now super enjoyable" and had a great time. :)

One problem I see just from the trailers is that for Baby Boomers this is NOT the Lone Ranger canon they grew up with. That will lose a big chunk of potential market. I will see it when it comes out on Netflix, but don't expect it to be the Lone Ranger that started on the radio in the 40's. And I certainly don't expect it to live up to the Clayton Moore legacy.

I maybe should have edited the above post, but Jay Silver Heels deserves his own post. A real Native Canadian, Jay provided and wonderful balance to The Lone Ranger. Not a subservient idiot, but pretty much an intelligent equal, which for the time was pretty amazing. No comedy relief, no being talked down to, just a much needed partner.

Ursen.........I was excited when I saw this coming out, then I saw the "guy" with white paint on his face.......yes everyone I KNOW who it is.......and got disappointed. I used to watch the TV series with my dad who's no longer with us and I loved watching....same with the old type westerns.....just a feel good get the bad guys where it hurts nice mentality.........but since there is so much more shown, expressed, etc in the world today no more innocence is around like it used to be.

We will see it sometime more than likely, but again something like Netflix not the expense of going to the movies.

Blessings and Hugs, "Angel"

I enjoyed it a lot, but then I expected it to pretty much be Pirates go West. I thought it was pretty clear from the trailer. I also don't have any sort of deep emotional tie to the original series. Saw some reruns when I was a kid, but it really belongs to my parents' generation.

I thought they did a pretty clever sidestep around the trap of Tonto, giving an in-story reason for why he acted like the stereotype that people expected in the 50s.

I was also impressed with the way they held back from the William Tell Overture for most of the movie. It had a great affect on me when it was finally used. I don't want to go into that too much for fear of it being a spoiler.

Back