new wow scam

rhysj

Greetings!

NO.S5F45DF54FDS7

Recently, the problem of account invasion is getting worse and worse which cause enormous player’s equipments and virtual currency stolen. This severely damages the benefits of mass players, also causes our company lose a lot of customers.

Our company has to adopt some measures to safeguard our common benefits in order to strengthen the safety of mass players'accounts, and firmly resist the account to be stolen again.Through our company's research and investigation to xxx customers,we will make the following decisions: we launch a package of updated Battle.net Mobile Authenticator and dynamic code protection card which can effectively prevent the accounts invaded. We will send this package of code protection system to players free of charge.

Please open this connection:

If your account passes the check successfully, we will send this package of dynamic Battle.net Mobile Authenticator to you in the form of e-mail.

In 3 days after you receiving the e-mail, if you don't submit your information, we have right to freeze your account, every player is obligated to protect the safety of the account. You must work together with us to be determined to crack down all the behaviors of destroying games.

If you had already authenticator your account, please disregard this automatic notification.

Regards,

The World of Warcraft Support Team
Blizzard Entertainment

I removed the link for reasons, but be aware of this one.

lol Laz.

In all honesty, while it's a decent script, the language is a fairly good indicator that it's bogus. Plus, any link that isn't a true battle.net address is a clear fake.

l...Plus, any link that isn't a true battle.net address is a clear fake.

But they are getting quite good at disguising as posted earlier by Rob I believe. I went searching for the thread with no success but it was quite amazing that the link presented in the scam email showed it as coming from battle.net

I apologize for not knowing where that thread was but there are some that are becoming quite clever.

And as for Laz - lol as well but I chuckle more about the lack of geography than english being taught :)

Thanks! Checking the forums while eating breakfast and I snorted milk! ...can't...stop...laughing!

Also forum-ninja'ed by Rhys. You. Sir. Are. Amazing.

hmm, interesting.
If I would have gotten this in my email, I would call Blizzard directly. Should go with anybody else that gets this email. I make it a habbit to not to click on any links in my email.

Back