• Make a city at spawn

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Geocashe with everyone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ^ALL of the above^

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd love the idea of a scenario so there's more to do than simply build. I'm just not sure what. A survivor night could be fun where everyone starts out in a designated area (maybe on an island) with nothing. Either everyone could work together or split into teams. If you die, you're off the island...go build a statue or something.

The problem is that it's really not hard to not die. At a minimum you dig a hole, crawl into it, and wait. I think they're need to be some type of goal to encourage people to take risks and kill monsters.

The Go West scenario could be one way to implement the survivor night:
http://crafthub.net/2010/11/09/fun-new-ways-to-play-minecraft/

Start by traveling west a bit, gather some resources, build a shelter, then hang out and chat at night or something. When morning comes, abandon the shelter, head west a fair bit and only take what we can carry. Find a new spot and repeat.

...or to make it really tough, gather resources by day to try to make weapons, armor, and food, then travel in a set direction at night. If someone dies, we mourn our loss and continue on.

Of course these ideas are more for an event night rather than something ongoing.

I'd be willing to put together an amazing race - just need to know there will be enough people on and when.

Hmmm, let's see, we'd call it, the Minazing Race.

:D

Since this world is going to be deleted, I think we should save building something epic as a community (like a large awesome church) for the permanent world once the plugins are up. That way we can always enjoy it, and it will be more protected. It could be at the center of our perma-world city along with some other cool community projects.

For now, we could begin planning whatever we decide to build first and ask people to donate extra stuff as supplies for the future project?

Last edited:
How about a race from spawn to Anchor Town?

That's right! Anchor Town, population 2:

Mayor Anchor
Pastor Koah Johnson

Also, it's so far from spawn, it's a fun place to start fresh from starting fresh and build a town community. We've moved into, fixed up, and fortefied an NPC village.

So there's another option for ya.

When we get the plug-ins working we can try moving the spawn or something like that. and we can have gamma back for a little while ;D

I'm up for a little Stronghold practice. I'm still pretty oblivious to much of this game - are Strongholds very rare? I wouldn't mind going out on a hunting mission to find one, if I knew eventually I would find something. I am, after all, skinned as a bounty hunter.

Given the map size limits and the lag that occurs when we expand the map too much, an amazing race style event may be too much for the server. Just a thought.

How bout a goals style event.

Everyone starts off in the same place. First person (or teams) to reach a set number of goals wins.

1. Build a house with 2 beds, windows, and a chair.
2. Build a watermelon farm and get at least 128 slices put in a chest.
3. Coral 2 different types of animals within 25 blocks of your house.
4. Build a mine down to bedrock.
4a. Collect 5 buckets of lava
4b. Collect 64 gold bars.
4c. Collect 1 diamond block (9 diamonds)
5. Create one nether gate.
5a. Collect 32 glowstones (not the dust, the complete stones)
5b. Collect 32 soulsands.
6. Find the coordinates for one other person/teams house.
7. Collect 1 saddle.
8. Collect 10 cooked chickens.

Goals can be added or subtracted based upon time limits.

Given the map size limits and the lag that occurs when we expand the map too much, an amazing race style event may be too much for the server. Just a thought.

How bout a goals style event.

Everyone starts off in the same place. First person (or teams) to reach a set number of goals wins.

1. Build a house with 2 beds, windows, and a chair.
2. Build a watermelon farm and get at least 128 slices put in a chest.
3. Coral 2 different types of animals within 25 blocks of your house.
4. Build a mine down to bedrock.
4a. Collect 5 buckets of lava
4b. Collect 64 gold bars.
4c. Collect 1 diamond block (9 diamonds)
5. Create one nether gate.
5a. Collect 32 glowstones (not the dust, the complete stones)
5b. Collect 32 soulsands.
6. Find the coordinates for one other person/teams house.
7. Collect 1 saddle.
8. Collect 10 cooked chickens.

Goals can be added or subtracted based upon time limits.

I like what your saying(the watermelon thing won't work since it takes watermelons 18 hours too grow).

My suggestion:

>:D Adventure map... Legendary anyone? :D Idk, I'm a fan of Adventure maps and CTM.

Edit:
Maybe combine ideas... CTM style? (Build a house and everyone has to make an exact copy of it within a certain time... the supplies needed to build it are scattered around and you have to go Geocaching based on clues to find them so you can make the house. Optional event, but you can't use supplies other than the ones scattered around in boxes to make the Monument house. Maybe lock one away in a dungeon filled with traps (and once you get the items you can trap the path to them yourself if it isn't hard enough already, just for laughs :D? Without making it impossible, obviously.) and stuffs so you have to fight for them sometimes? In other words, an adventure-style scavenger hunt amazing race and build-a-thon. At the end, we'll have a small city of exact replica housing units! xD)

Last edited:
I have heard and read about plugins for servers that exist solely for the purpose of massive multiplayer functions/games.

One such plugin is Monster Hunter...which activates during certain assigned nighttime hours (in-game hours, of course) and participating players go hunting for mobs and are given a certain amount of points per kill and highest ranking players get a pre-determined prize (can be diamonds, tools, food, whatever!).

The other is Capture the Record...which is basically Capture the Flag in Minecraft! The set field (usually pretty big) starts as a fresh map and the two teams, Green and Gold (separated by a wall), have a pre-set amount of time to create a base and hiding place for their record (Green team has the Green record, and Gold has the Gold record). After the set time has passed, the wall disappears and the game is on! PvP is obviously on for this game. The first team to get the other team's record, bring it back to their own base, and play it in their team's Jukebox. Examples of this game can be found all over YouTube by searching for "Capture the Record, Minecraft".
DISCLAIMER: I have not screened many of these videos, so I cannot guarantee clean language.

Those are my two inputs!
I have yet to actually logon to the server...but I do look forward to playing with a group of fellow brothers and sisters in Christ!

Back