New Prayer Request

Waynos

woke up to a flooded livingroom.
water had filled the globe where my lightbulbs go
and somehow i didn't get shocked when i turned on the light to see why i was standing in cold water.
now a section of my ceiling has to be removed,allowed drying time then replaced if there is no structural damage.

I didn't lose much via water damage.
but the neighbor lost all his belongings,has to get rid of his dog and move to a shelter and is being evicted.
he definately needs prayers (Mike and Marisol are their names)

they left their upstairs window ajar cause it gets so hot upstairs and the forced water pipes blew around 4:30am.
housing management said it's their fault so they have been served with an eviction and have till 3pm to get all thier stuff out
so the insurance company can come in and survey the damage to decide how much to charge them when they take them to court.

Will be praying.

FYI Waynos, it REALLY sounds like the housing management is liable here. Obviously I don't have the whole story, but the only time tennants are responsible for damages is when they are doing something extremely dangerous that any reasonable person would deem unsafe. IE: invite 200 people over for a crazy house part, house gets trashed, go figure. I can't see how "left window open 'cause it's too hot in the place" qualifies.

"Management said it's my fault" doesn't count, either. If they are clear on their intent to sue, your neighbor should contact a lawyer ASAP to tell tell them to go away. While this may seem expensive up front, it's far less expensive to end this now than to wait on a prolonged court battle.

Will be praying.

FYI Waynos, it REALLY sounds like the housing management is liable here. Obviously I don't have the whole story, but the only time tennants are responsible for damages is when they are doing something extremely dangerous that any reasonable person would deem unsafe. IE: invite 200 people over for a crazy house part, house gets trashed, go figure. I can't see how "left window open 'cause it's too hot in the place" qualifies.

"Management said it's my fault" doesn't count, either. If they are clear on their intent to sue, your neighbor should contact a lawyer ASAP to tell tell them to go away. While this may seem expensive up front, it's far less expensive to end this now than to wait on a prolonged court battle.

Tough part is they will most likely have to go to a shelter cause the flooded apartment isn't liveable.
and they shelter wont take their dog so that will have to go to the pound.
if they are evicted it will kill any chance of them getting a income based apartment they can afford.
not to mention they lost all their stuff except for what was up high enough to stay dry.

As far as the lawsuit thing goes;
I am under the understanding that the pipe burst due to cold air
and because they had a window open all night and it has been between -9 to 14 degrees all week
they will most likely be held responsible.
not to mention i found out they were already facing an eviction
so im sure this was the straw that broke the camels back as far as housing was concerned.

i was upset my things got wet and some damaged
but my complaints seemed absurd compared to what this guy is dealing with
So i called my pastor and we prayed for them.
I do know GOD will take care of the situation in HIS time and HIS way

I will pray for them, but I will pray for the owners and management too. I have been involved in renting places and cleaning up places after renters leave, so I understand why there is little give there as far as the management goes. That is why I will pray for both parties involved, a resolution of problems for Mike and Marisol, and patience and understanding for management.

Praying for the whole situation.

Side Note, we do have a prayer request forum, it is better to post prayer requests there as it gets viewed by more people.

Side Note, we do have a prayer request forum, it is better to post prayer requests there as it gets viewed by more people.

Double side note, "better" depends on the person. Many people prefer sharing prayer requests with a smaller group of their friends.

Looking forward to any updates, Waynos!

Thanks pheonix for the plug for the P&P section. Many other groups see those prayers there especially those who do not go into every section of the forums. It has been my opinion and blessing to know the more people praying the better......You can never have too many to pray in any situation. The more "personal" prayers can be shared in the men's forums, the women's forums, or through PM.

Many of us may not always post responses, but every prayer request I find in the total CGA forum is read and prayed.

Blessings and Hugs, "Angel"

Back