New Plugin: Essentials

blsimpson

I have added and configured the Essentials plugin. This adds a lot of extra commands, and an economy, to the game. Please see this page to see everything that can be done: Command Reference (Please note: Not everyone will have access to all commands. There are the obvious Guard \ Admin only commands, and the rest just play with to see.. :) )

Do you know if /help lists only (and all) the commands we have available to us?

As for Player groups, only commands that we can do are on the /help list. I would like to see /back and /tpa /tpaccept /tpdeny added to the list for the Players. It would be nice to be able to visit a friends house, ask before teleporting :)

/back is advertised when you die, but it doesn't work (even for an admin). So the message should be removed or the command enabled. I would vote for the former -- I can usually hike back to get my stuff in time. With /back, there's really no penalty for death except the loss of experience.

Do we want /tp commands, as Proverb requests? I know I have, and assume everyone else does as well, /spawn, /home (/sethome), and /ehome (/esethome)... that's already one fixed and two places of your choosing that you can warp to instantly.

"But it's soooo far to ________." You guys chose your spots... if it takes a day to walk to someone, who's fault is that?

Then again, I'm one of those (minority?) that likes Minecraft somewhat realistic.

Last edited:
No one forcing any one who likes the challenge of a penalty to use /tpa or /back when they die :) For those who dont hunt and like to build (like me) those are tools that aid and help me, so why not use it. Im not against plugins im for them. I think they give the game more flavor. Its your choice to use salt and pepper on your food or not to use it :)

Salt and pepper are the only spices I know how to use! :D I'm not a real culinary wizard.
I can see how having a building focus or adventure focus would make a difference. I concede that offering tools for others to use wouldn't really change my experience and would make it more fun for others.

I kinda of agree with Lost on the /tp commands. Even tho I am an admin, unless I am doing admin work, I walk. It's part of the adventure even though I'm more of a builder. I'd prefer using portals (I look at them like airports). At least then you have to make some kind of effort to get there. In addition, it promotes building of railways and walkways and such. And it's really cool if someone in between the way out people and the close people builds a little place for people to rest with "hotels" and "diners" etc. Little stop over places. Also, we've had the /tp command open to players before and it never really goes over well because people DON'T ask permission first. It can become very annoying. If people choose to build far out, there is a reason for it, let it be there. If they want to be in "community" then they can build a railway to connect them.

And I agree with /Proverb on the /back command. Part of the reason I don't adventure more is because I hate loosing all my stuff in a place that I don't know where I was. I have traveled a few times to get some building material only to do something stupid and die. I don't have a problem walking back to where I died, I have a problem FINDING where I died. If minecraft would leave the stuff there permanently, I wouldn't mind hunting for the stuff, but it doesn't. So I just don't venture too far to get my materials anymore. :(

As for Player groups, only commands that we can do are on the /help list. I would like to see /back and /tpa /tpaccept /tpdeny added to the list for the Players. It would be nice to be able to visit a friends house, ask before teleporting :)

Or we could start using the nether hub. My road is almost 1/2 way there. And I am making a resort 1/2 way to my house, it's going to be really cool.

And well said Abea.

Last edited:
I was looking through the commands page that bl referenced. I haven't gotten all the way through, but I thought I'd point out this one that made me laugh.
This is the line before it, which makes sense:

Cheat feed essentials.feed Allows access to the /feed command.

This is the following line:

Cheat feed essentials.feed.others Allows a player to feed another player.

My first thought was, "What would I feed them? Bread? Seeds? Zombie Flesh?"
Then I pictured what it would look like, a surprise feeding. Sneaking up behind them... jumping around and yelling "HIIII!!!" while shoving something in their mouth... Or maybe it can be done from a distance? You're just walking along, and all of a sudden there's cooked chicken in your mouth!
Such a silly command.

i was checking up on the worth of the items and did the one on the rails
i held the rails and types /worth i got this "Stack of rails worth $40 (item(s) at $40 eatch)
well good its accepted by the server but then i tried to sell them i typed /sell rails the server then said
"Error: Unknown item name: rails

not sure if this will help but i tried to sell a crafting table to the server (in minecraft it was always called a crafting table) but it did not sell Until when i typed worth the server called it a working bench so when i typed /sell working bench it sold so thats why i am puzzled why it said rails and yet does not recognized the same word

I hope this info helps perhaps there is a glitch in the Server OR it picked up my Dyslexia

i was checking up on the worth of the items and did the one on the rails
i held the rails and types /worth i got this "Stack of rails worth $40 (item(s) at $40 eatch)
well good its accepted by the server but then i tried to sell them i typed /sell rails the server then said
"Error: Unknown item name: rails

After trying it, I conclude it's due to lazy programming. :) It says "rails" (even if you only have one, btw) but to sell, you type in "rail". They didn't feel like making the plural AND singular work.

Back