New MOHAA Game Scheduled!

Sir_Ryan

<span style='color:white'>Hello all. Sorry it took me so long to get back, but it's been real busy around here. Anyway, I tried a few weeks ago to start a server, but I couldn't find it listed in any program that I have (All-Seeing Eye, GameSpy Arcade, and MOHAA's server list).

I went to GameSpy Arcade's tech support, and to make a long story short, it said something about XP users and firewall. I had my firewall disabled when I tried the server, but still no luck.  
sad.gif
 If anyone knows how to fix this, please e-mail me!

I say all that to say this: I am going to re-schedule the game for</span><span style='color:eek:range'> August 1, @ 7:00 pm Central Time</span>.
<span style='color:white'>The map I'm gonna change to obj3, Omaha Beach.

This map came with the game so you don't have to download it.

Here's an overview of what the server will most likely look like:

MAP: obj3
SERVER NAME: *ToJ* MOHAA Chapter
PLAYERS: 10
SCORE: Not sure yet
VERSION: 1.11

NOTE: Make sure you have the 1.11 patch! You will not be able to get in the server without it! You can find it at EA's MOHAA Website.

If the time isn't convenient, e-mail me @Sir_Ryan@msn.comand maybe we can schedule another time.

Hope to see you guys there!

cool.gif
</span>

It could still be a firewall issue. Do you have something like ZoneAlarm running? Also, both Norton and MacAffee antivirus programs tend to come with software firewalls.

The other thing is, are you running through a router? If so, that's probably the true firewall you are dealing with. A firewall is simply a way to let YOU out but stop others from getting in. It's used to protect people from sniffing around on your computer.

The way firewalls work is they close your computer ports so people can't get in. A port is sort of like a special access code. For example, when you download something from a site, the server has opened up the special 'download' port to allow others in. There are thousands of available ports. And that's where gaming comes in.

When playing a game, you need to know what port to open up so users can see your machine. For example, port 27015 needs to be opened to play Half-Life. That way others will be able to see and play the game. Some games may require multiple ports. To open the ports, you need to tell your router to open it, and then have it route those messages to your game server.

For example, you will tell your router:

Open Port 20015-20020 and 20040 for IP address: 192.168.0.2 &lt;---- your game server.

Then people will be able to see the game. Unfortunately, I do not know the ports for MoH. I did a google search and mostly turned up information in a foreign language. You may want to ask someone from Men of God about what ports need to be opened.

Back again. I couldn't find which ports to use for MOHAA, so I'll just do it this way: Use the in-game IP server connector and type in the IP address. I'm sure this will work until I can find the ports proper and get the clan looking really "expertish".

To sum it all up, here's an overview of what we'll be using for the game:

MAP OVERVIEW

TEAM WIN LIMIT: 20
MAP ROTATION TIME: 30
MAP ROTATION: obj/obj_team 3----The same Omaha Beach map
PLAYER LIMIT: 10
TEAM DAMAGE: OFF
PASSWORD: NONE
PATCH VERSION: 1.11---You won't get in the server without it!
IP ADDRESS: 65.142.87.202

DATE: August 1, 2003 @ 7:00 pm Central

RULES:

*There will be absolutely NO CHEATING! Cheaters will be kicked and banned from any future games. (But we don't have to worry about cheaters here, right?)

*Please do not use any downloaded skins that you may have on your computer. You may have an "invisible camo" skin, but the other players will still see you unless they have it also! Please only use stock skins! (skins that come with the game)

Well, that's about it. Whew! So many rules! Hope to see everyone there!

In Christ,
&lt;&gt;&lt;
Sir_Ryan
cool.gif

Back again. I couldn't find which ports to use for MOHAA, so I'll just do it this way: Use the in-game IP server connector and type in the IP address. I'm sure this will work until I can find the ports proper and get the clan looking really "expertish".

To sum it all up, here's an overview of what we'll be using for the game:

MAP OVERVIEW

TEAM WIN LIMIT: 20
MAP ROTATION TIME: 30
MAP ROTATION: obj/obj_team 3----The same Omaha Beach map
PLAYER LIMIT: 10
TEAM DAMAGE: OFF
PASSWORD: NONE
PATCH VERSION: 1.11---You won't get in the server without it!
IP ADDRESS: 65.142.87.202

DATE: August 1, 2003 @ 7:00 pm Central

RULES:

*There will be absolutely NO CHEATING! Cheaters will be kicked and banned from any future games. (But we don't have to worry about cheaters here, right?)

*Please do not use any downloaded skins that you may have on your computer. You may have an "invisible camo" skin, but the other players will still see you unless they have the skin too! Please only use stock skins! (skins that come with the game)

Well, that's about it. Whew! So many rules! Hope to see everyone there!

In Christ,
&lt;&gt;&lt;
Sir_Ryan
cool.gif

Just a reminder to let us know the IP tonight. I'll try to make it, but I'm not sure if I can. My wife and kids'll probably be home by then, and I'm not sure I can sneak away to play. I'll just have to play it by ear. They could be wiped out and tired from their afternoon at the zoo.

Here is the IP addy SirRyan set me, in case anyone wants to play but didn't get a PM: 65.142.87.220

Hmm, I got in the server fine, but the amount of lag I had was making the game unplayable. I decided to disconnect and then reconnect to the server to see if that would help, but now it says "Server connection timed out."

Hi guys if you want to book a server then you can book one on bygames.com it mite just save you having to mess around opening up ure pc to play.

Back