New Leadership for Guild Wars Chapter

SilverSand

My name is Justin Arent... I live in Nampa, Idaho.... My wife and I lead people, in our church, down to Mexico for missions trips... I am the Worship Pastor at a small church in Kuna, Idaho called Kuna Life Center.... Our worship is a little more alternative than contemporary and I really enjoy doing it. =) I currently get paid, part time, by the church and I spend most of my evenings there. Our church is in a building project and God is doing a number of great things; yet at the same time there have been many struggles and attacks from Satan. Thing is... I want to be more busy at the church. This is my passion and dream and the more time spent the more pleased I am.

When I sit down and organize things, leading the Guild Wars chapter is not part of that dream. It has become too time consuming and big for me to handle. I don't have the ability to meet my vision for the guild, let alone yours. I haven't just disappointed you, I've disappointed myself. And to be honest, I love to play Guild Wars, and I love leading the Guild; I just can't lead one more thing.

Wild Bill first noticed the guild and showed me how great it could be as part of ToJ... and WOW!!! has it ever been great! I am so glad that Spirit of Elijah became part of ToJ and I totally believe it was ordained by God. The Tribe of Judah rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wild Bill has my full confidence as the leader of Spirit of Elijah and I know he will take the guild to new places that I never could.

I wanted to get things more organized before I stepped down, but I can't see that happening in the near future. I'm going to be a normal member now and see if the game can be fun for me again. I've enjoyed playing with all of you. I appreciate you all very much! =)

You have done well. Leading a guild, especially one that has had explosive growth, is not an easy task. Thank you for bringing SoE into existance.

Now GO WILD BILL GO!!! I am sure he will need all the encouragement we can give him right people?!?!

Goodbye it has been very fun!

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
~Dr. Seuss

"May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand."
~Anonymous

Well just as Justin did, i stepped down as well from leadership of SoE. I live in Nampa, Idaho as well. I got back from Mexico a little over a month ago, in Mexico God really showed me that i need to get my priorities in the correct order. Video games used to dominate most of my time. I feel though as i strive to live a life more focused on God that i need to stop playing video games as much. I think the fellowship in SoE is awesome, and i am still going to be playing alot. It just seems inconsequential to what God wants in my life right now. I am looking forward to continuing to play with you guys. And I am proud to have started this Guild with Justin. It was incredible how the pieces fell together. I know Wild Bill will do an incredible job. cya in game guys, and God Bless :)

What can I say? I'm honored that God has seen fit to throw yet another leadership opportunity my way, and touched by the words that both Justin and Jonathan have said.

In the last 6 months I have been made music director at Christ Community Church here in Tampa, started a new initiative in my office, I'm leading my ABF in two weeks, and now, I'm leader of this guild.

I'm fortunate that I can do a lot of the behind the scenes stuff from my office-- one of the advantages of being a phone monkey IRL. If no one is calling, I'm free to do whatever. So, the business end of the guild is probably going to get taken care of from 9-6 EST.

If anyone has any concerns about the direction we're heading, if you don't like the way things are going, shoot me a PM. I'll be happy to address any issues you may have and see if we can't work out a resolution. Also, if you have ideas, I'd love to hear them.

I almost feel like the Brain now...

Pinky: What are we going to do tomorrow night Brain?
Brain: The same thing we do every night, Pinky. TRY TO TAKE OVER TYRIA!

--Bill

leadership is a hard role, i run Tn3 and becuase of that role i respect everyone who has traveled similer roads, no matter if its CS or GW. im new and didt get to know you but im glad you made this community, if it wasnt here i would never had buasght GW

Hey Silver, what a fantastic thing came to be when you started this guild. I know it must be hard and a tad humbling to have to step down from leadership, but I think it makes a strong statement about your character. Thank you for all your time with the guild so far and where you have taken it.

I am excited to operate under the new leadership of Wild Bill. Congrats on the promotion, Pastori. This guild is growing and blossoming. I know you will take it to new heights. Praise God for a way to enjoy gaming and Christian fellowship at the same time. It is such a blessing to see my family in game and never see cuss words or trash talk or sexual innuendos, or any disgraceful talk. It really makes the game that much more enjoyable. Once we start winning some GvG, the excitement is going to go through the roof.

God bless you all my brothers and sisters. Grace and Peace be with you in Real life and in game.

Silver, gideon sad to see you go thanks for all you've done for the guild! wildbill thats awesome that u are taking leadership! i pray that God will use it for his glory and i look forward to seeing what new changes take place.

-Rak

Back