New Job for the Wifey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kidan

My wife has a job interview on Monday.

Plz pray that it goes well and that she gets it, for her current position is driving her bonkers
sad.gif

Hey. Great news Kidan. I've been praying/wondering how things have been going in that area. You had written something awhile ago. I've been meaning to ask about it, but I have not been on CGA very much lately. Dealing with my own employment situation, as you may know.

unfortunately no. she had that interview two monday's ago now, and we're still waiting to hear on that job (they said they'd make a decision next week) so she's still waiting and still searching.

sry it's been awhile since i've updated this. (and yes, the newsletter is what kicked my butt into gear :p ) as we all know no news is good news, but unfortunately this is not the case here. Friday is tentatively my wifes last day at her job.

As it stands right now, she potentially has a position with a company called West, which does phone support for numerous online companies. She'd be working from home, and the pay is dependent mainly upon the number of minutes she's with callers.

This particualr job, provided she can get enough minutes, is wonderful for two reasons 1) it should be able to provide enough to cover her previous salary 2) it's one of those 'stay-at-homes' job.

She'd be able to continue working while staying at home. The downside is that we're not sure how well she'll be able to do in this position (especially with my 18 month old son constantly bouncing around her
biggrin.gif
)and we're not entirely sure she HAS the position yet (she's currently taking her certification for the position)

We figured that minus the cost of daycare (which we would no longer have to pay) she would need to have 35 hours of on-phone time a week (which translates to 2100 minutes a week) to cover her previous salary.

So I guess, my prayer request in these matters are:
1) that she gets the job with West
2) that she's able to do well with this job
3) that my job is willing to provide me with a raise to help offset her losing her job

Thanks and God bless you all.

Well honey I'm glad you know we care. I added your situation to the letter because I felt led to do so. Please keep us up to date. Also another option may be a mommy's day out program instead of daycare that would help free you wife's time up some but not have the cost that traditional daycare has. Just a suggestion.

It's very good to hear that you're at least looking at what we send out each week. Makes it that much more of a Blessing from God to do it.

Blessings,"Angel"

well, the WEST job seems to be dragging their feet on things.

Yet, she had a job interview (and has a follow up when in a few days with the Regional Mgr) for a different finance company (opening car loans). It's not her staying at home, but its not her current position either.

A quick update on this.

She did get the job with the car finance company.

As I said, its not her staying at home, but its gets the bills paid.

thanks guys and God bless u all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back