New Internet Virus

Sir_Ryan

Check this out. Thought everyone should be warned if they haven't been already.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040625/D83E8QL00.html

This one seems kind of harsh, especially the tip at the bottom of the article to "turn off Javascript" on your browser. That just stinks!

I hate viruses!

sad.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOO! I tink our comp is infected.  
sad.gif
ack! I was thinking if there was anyway to get rid of it? maybe uninstalling & reinstall? i hope someone can help!

Don't know what to tell you Frag. I recently was hit about a few months ago by a virus that affected clickable objects (smilies, font options, you name it), and everything e-mail or forum based, you could forget about it. I finally had to back my stuff up and factory restore my CPU.  It stank to have to do it, but it worked.

Oh, and firewall your Internet. Run Ad-Aware. Pray.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rizz @ June 26 2004,7:21)]mozilla?
Here !
Much better then IE, I use the browser only - Firebird 0.9. But do have the whole package 1.7, browser and email, its free and again its better then IE ..no popups, no security leaks ..so far..

Trust me...
Try it...you'll like it !!

I don't think that IE necessarily has more holes. Rather, the punks have their sights set on IE as 95% of internet users use IE. So, going with the flow, finding IE holes is more productive. Should the browser landscape change (maybe it would because of all the holes being found in IE), one can expect to see a rise in issues with other browsers as those platforms become more profitable from attacks. Unfortunately, it could be that by the time this happens, Mozilla or who ever, are so far behind in security because of the lack of attacks, that they would become swiss cheese real fast.

Its the old, if your goal tender has not seen a shot for 10 minutes, it is more likely that he will let in the next shot then if he has seen 10 shots in rapid fire over the last 2 minutes, analogy.

I now have mozilla running.. its a bit slower than IE but i think i can live with that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rizz @ June 26 2004,3:52)]I now have mozilla running.. its a bit slower than IE but i think i can live with that.
I'll admit its slower..but check the tabbed browsing feature out .. !!

I just installed firefox and it doesn't seem that bad. I just need to get used to it.

Hmmm... actually heh heh my dad says our comp is fine, he just installed some firewall stuff after i thought we were infected. But we weren't just some glitch, causing the ie window to bomb itself on certain websites... well have a good time rebooting your comps!

Fleck, sorry dude.
biggrin.gif
After I posted this topic, I noticed the 'internet virus' post by thyself, and figured it was a different one than I mentioned. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Ok, everyone! Listen up! Give Fleck a round of applause, and thumbs up! The credit's all his! Go Fleck! Go Fleck! Go Fleck!

See? Now, don't you feel better?

wink.gif

Back