New Hunter pets coming in Patch 4.2!

Kahless

We hunters will have eight new pets come avalible in patch 4.2:

Ban'thalos :

Ban’thalos, a non-aggressive spirit beast ghost owl, paths by the Sanctuary of Malorne in Mount Hyjal. The challenge is that Ban’thalos flies around extremely high up (and rumor has it he’ll be relocated even higher on live), so be prepared to take fall damage or position yourself on a convenient ledge. When aggroed, Ban’thalos attacks with Harsh Moonlight.

Anhka :

Anhka, a non-aggressive spirit beast spectral cat, is located in the Regrowth in Mount Hyjal. This looks like a reskin of Gondria with a white body and black stripes. Anhka is immune to all CC and has Metal Cleaver that increases the player’s damage taken based on their armor rating. So, take off all your gear with armor and tame Anhka, or else be one-shot.

Magria :

Magria, a non-aggressive spirit beast spectral kitty with a blue body and black stripes, is also located in the Regrowth in Mount Hyjal. Just like taming Anhka, you will need to remove your armor to tame this spirit beast.

Solix :

Solix, a hostile orange spider, is located in the Rune Cave in the Ignacious Depths in Firelands. Solix is buffed withBlazing Speed, which makes it immune to being tamed. It also has Flashfire, increasing its attack and movement speed by 1000%, making short work of unsuspecting players. You will need to stun Solix in order to tame it; having the quest Enduring the Heat can help because you can gain a protective fire buff.

Kirix :

Kirix, a hostile green lava spider, is located in the Furnace in Firelands. Kirix hits extremely hard and is buffed withToxic Presence which deals AOE nature damage and additional damage to pets and minions.

Anthriss :

Anthriss, a hostile yellow fire spider, is found by the Magma Springs in Firelands. Anthriss has the buff Searing Webswhich melts while in lava–so you’ll have to stand in the nearby lava to get Web Master while taming it.

Deth'tilac :

Deth’tilac, a hostile purple spider, is located behind the Forlorn Spire in Firelands. Deth’tilac has the buff Molten Will, making it immune to being tamed unless it’s at low health. Easier said than done; Deth’tilac has 38,745,000 health on the PTR and uses Deth Metal which increases movement speed when not attacked and Aura of Deth’spair which reduces healing by 99%. It also uses Deth Strike which kills a player but also reduces maximum health by 10%.

Skitterflame :

Skitterflame, a hostile red lava spider, is located at Fireplume Peak in Firelands. He starts off with a full energy bar and the buff Superheated, making it immune to being tamed. Frost and ice traps will lower its energy with Cooling Down, allowing you to tame it at low energy. However, if Skitterflame’s energy goes down to 0, it will die, due to Burning Frenzy. Lava will refresh its energy bar.

So each of the new pets has a challenge to them to tame. Happy Hunting fellow hunters!!! You may see Kahless out there trying to get all 8, dunno yet.

-Kahless-

hehe, of course it would. LOL
Blizzard did send me a "Please come back to World of Warcraft and play for 7 days for free
email" . . . AGAIN!

Hello again, just saw on MMO-Champion.com that there is now 10, that's right 10 new pets instead of 8 pets to be tamed in the next patch. . . 4.2!!!

My boys were talking yesterday and discussing whether there were any "ranged" pets. I figured I would ask the fount of all knowledge regarding pets (Tom) whether there are any pure ranged pets or whether they have any plans of bringing in any.

I know of a couple that does a ranged attack at first but then go charge in.
Winged Serpents do a Poison Spit
Corehounds do a flame attack
Spiders caste webshot
Serpents also does a Poison Spit
Spirit Beasts used to do Spirit Strike (but Blizz took that away, sadly)
But as for a pet that sits back with the hunter and attacks, nope, not that I can think of. As for future, probably not.

Wind serpent used to do a sort of dodge and duck backwards as its lightning breath (at the time) required a certain range. It was possible then to keep him at range and never engage directly. However there is currently no pet I am aware of who will nicely stay at range, unless you park them there with the STAY command. This is possible, but means they will only do one attack every 15 seconds or so and you have to REALLY pay attention to where they are placed.

yup, and that's bad for dps. the waspes would venom spit, but that may have the same cool down. dunno. I hate bugs.

Back