New details of the expansion - The Burning Crusade

wow interesting but some of the things there does not make sense...100 man raid to fight arthas (50/50 horde/ac)..Its too soon to let ppl even close to artahs, me thinks...

.seek.

Heh. Watch this.

<<<The New Expansion Leak>>> (by Neirai)
These are things that we are GUARANTEED to see in the expansion.

1. The instance of Uldum. It is in the south of tanaris, and guarded by level 55 elites. I'd say it will be a level 55-60 ish instance, probably full of giants and dwarves.

2. The Caverns of Time. That'll have an instance in it too. Something that I've been told is that it'll open up a few 'lands' in it that are set in the time of Warcraft I or II, wherein one can engage in some pvp action. I laugh a bit: in Warcraft I or II, there was NO KALIMDOR. Still, it might be true of Warcraft III. Or praps it is gonna be a sneak peak at the upcoming blizzard game Worlds of Starcraft. lol.
I predict an instance of Dragonkin, this time golden (errgh. Gold... Gold are arcane proof), with a few interesting little bits.

3. I predict also the Outlands, which are reachable thru the Dark Portal. And I predict it'll be really odd. And prolly hard. And I'm not sure it's coming out THIS expansion.

4. I think it's too early to say 'The Emerald Dream'. Besides, I REALLY don't think that the Cenaurion Circle would let non-druids in. Unless...... The Emerald Dream is a super cool instance open to ONLY ppl with high Cenaurion Circle Rep. but that's too weird.

5. New Classes. But I'm not saying who. Monks, Death Knights, Wardens, Demon Hunters, Spell Breakers, Brew Masters? Who knows. Only Time will tell.

6. New Races. We DO know that the alliance will get giant rabbits, (Babbitonas), and the horde will get Troggs. Just kidding. I'm predicting a possibility of a new race on either side, but not a strongly as the new classes.

7. New weapons, new quests. Particularly, I think that we will see some new Island-continents, and perhaps some of Northrend. Which will all have their own towns and instances. (Which brings up, the 'other' leak had no real mention of Uldum OR of instances in any new lands).

8. More stuff with great rewards to do at the end levels. PERSONALLY, I think that they may add end game quests that give you new levels to your spells or new spells. Which would rock. Oh yeah. I don't really think that, but this is an official leak, right? right?????

Isn't there more substantial details from the blizzforums?

I was under the impression that raised level caps were prettymuch confirmed, including new hero classes available based on normal class and race. New classes were added and have been named, as well as possible new races. It's all on one of those "blue" posts. A huge thing is being able to "claim towns" for your faction, as new way to promote pvp in the gameworld. Only certain towns can go under this effect, and I think other factions can still visit them. They weren't definitive, but said that those were the ideas they were playing around with. Which, to me, means it's pretty sure, they just dont want to be held accountable to it just yet.

I haven't seen anything specific posted by 'blues' on the expansion at all. I read blue posts almost everyday thru Thott's handy bot:). Unless I missed it, which is entirely possible. I am expecting to see something official from Blizzard during Blizzcon (28/29th), although maybe they will just let whoever plays the expansion there post what it has in it. The blizzcon site says that it will just be a demo that they get to play, so I am wondering if it is even completed yet. I was hoping the expansion would be out for the Christmas holidays, but have read some places that say it is not expected until mid 06 or so:(
Tinie

w00t!!!! A jewler profession! I was a jewler in EQ. Time to stock up on gems and gold, truesilver, and silver!

Nice:)...from the looks of the trailer, and them still being pics and not completed zones, the guess of around mid 2006 might be about right...I was hoping 12/05, but doesn't look like it:(....looks really fun though:)....I can't wait:)

Tinie/Angie

Let me clarify:

I think blizzard said within a few months. But I can't find any confirmation on that. Now, when was the last time Blizzard actually delivered anything within a time frame of a few months?

History shows that when Blizzard is vague about time schedules, add a year.

I wonder if the new Alliance race will be the Happy Trolls, that way they can save time actually creating a new race like they did with the Elves :)

Back