New Class Limits on STA and our next Opponent

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
From the STA site FYI...

STA said:
Greetings STA-TF2 Players,

I have completed updating the configs for all of our leagues. The biggest change is that we are implementing a 2 medic, 2 demo limit in all 8v8 play. This does not officially come into effect until after the playoffs or unless both clans agree before the match during the current season. If a clan does not agree, the server administrator of the hosting clan must enter the following cvars:
tf_tournament_classlimit_demoman "8"
tf_tournament_classlimit_medic "8"
This will allow each team to play as many demomen and medics as they would like until the new limits become official.

Check out the new configs on our forum and enjoy!

Infinite

We will be facing the =|Mr|= Clan once again on Turbine.

I've talked to Infinite a tiny bit about improving our game and he gave me this link http://www.gotfrag.com/tf2/story/43759/ . The article is for 6 vs 6 but you may find something useful in it so I suggest reading it.

Last edited:
good link, I've been looking for demos to watch... personally think that it's something everyone on the team should be doing.

I was all set to watch one and then it would not play X.X . I think it was just that one demo I tried though. I'll have to try another when I get a chance but yeah I intend to watch several and learn all I can.

Last edited:
FYI the ctf scoring works like this...

CTF: (e.g. ctf_2fort, ctf_mach4, ctf_turbine) tf_flag_caps_per_round 0, mp_timelimit 20

Teams play for 20 minutes per half, each intel capture counts for 1 point toward the total score. The scores of both 20 minute halves are added together to decide the overall match winner.

OT: Sudden Death. First team to score wins the match and is awarded the bonus point.

So we need to be on the ball or one camp out in our intel room can lose us the match.

Back