New chapters and guilds for 2013

Looks like there's enough interest in Warframe to warrant me downloading it and trying it out. :)

Now with it being a free-to-play game, does it come with X-TRAP or other rootkit nonsense tacked on?
No, I have not seen anyone reporting shenanigans like rootkits, etc. Just make your Warframe account and logon. It is available on Steam.

I have played this game and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge the most this year. Ha, I guess I am honing my inner Ninja. Warframe's game design is really friendly for quick gaming sessions. Plus, the PvE focus means you do not encounter trolling or rude chat spamming during a session. Players help out each other without saying a word most of time. This is also a game with so little gore (TF2, L4D have way more in comparison) and it can still be turned off.

I would say its main influences are Mass Effect 3 multiplayer (Warframe powers, leveling up) and Left 4 Dead (group of 4 in PvE gameplay), but it still remains unique. I also still have not spent any real money on this game and have gone through and crafted a lot of weapons, crafted a new Warframe yesterday, and have almost completely explored the solar system. I don't see how they are ripping me off right now, and I still enjoy playing it. Also the upcoming PS4 version at console launch with free online play will probably mean an even larger player base in the near future.

Alrighty, downloading Warframe now. I'll probably try it out tonight or tomorrow.

Do I need any information (i.e. servers, factions, etc.) before creating a character so I'll be able to play with you guys?

I added you Tek. If you ever feel like playing just let me know.
Ditto.

I'm approaching the end of Cave Story+ now, play in ToJ game nights (Unreal Monday, TF2sday, Natural Selection 2 Thursday), and play Guild Wars 2 with my wife as well, but I'd definitely like to take Warframe for a spin with other ToJ folks.

EVE Online. Where my capsuleers at?

I'm around occasionally. shoot me a message on steam if you want to go exploring the wonders of wormhole space (I took keero once, and nearly got him killed), or you want to die in a fiery explosion out roaming in lowsec (I've got 13 non-fitted rifters for that kind of fun). I'm in the game lull at the moment where I'm too busy playing other games to log in terribly often.

I'm all over Wildstar when it launches. Sub or no.

Somewhat interested in FFXIV, but I hope I can trial it first. Combat looks rather stiff from the gameplay videos and I disliked the first FF MMO with its "you must group to continue past the first area" mentality (also a little skeptical about cross platform mmos).

Wildstar looks an awful lot like Pigs in Space... I mean WoW in space. Is there something I'm missing?

Pop over to their site and watch some of the feature videos. Combat looks exciting and action based, housing looks amazing, and paths are a unique way of allowing the player more control over what type of content they consume. I'm hoping to get into an open beta or something to see if the actual gameplay fits me, but I like the look at feel of it.

WoW in space has been a common descriptor due to the cartoony feel of the artwork. I find it reminds me of the Ratchet and Clank series, but yes it goes the way of cartoonish art design.

Back