Need suggestions on Computer Case...

If your looking for the best stuff the XMS stuff is very high end and supose to be some of the best out there.

Though personally I use some value cheap stuff that has decent timings, I paied $74 for 512mb 3200 Corsair Value Select and then bought another when I was pleased with it. Its almost half the price and the difference is almost unnoticable.

The main thing though is you want to make sure your ram in compatible with your mother board some will only take certain speeds and others will not accept or have lots of peoblems with paticular ram brands/types.

alrite...i think i've made up my mind on what to get...case is still sketchy...all i'm doing now is finding good deals...thx for all your help guys...i'll update
smile.gif

I put together all our church machines lately. (built/rebuilt 3in the last 3 months).

With the new motherboards make sure it's giga bit lan.

Paired memory in paired memory slots is definitly worth the investment.

Make sure you have more power than necessary. If you end up striping your HDD's you will find yourself out of power connectors pretty quick.

I have personally bought a thermal take case. Reason being in the tropics id like to use it without ALWAYS having to have the aircon on without it crashing. so 6 fans (inclused in the case plus a controler for those fans) was what i wanted. Though i spent a lot of money on the case that really could have been spent on other things, but i was excited. And i'm replacing things one thing at a time, so only a new cpu and video card and um uber happy.

With your case have plenty of space for Hdd's especially if you stripe your drives. you can 4 drives before you know what you are doing, so it's good to future proof against that with room in the case, and a 550 power supply.

i mihgt also wait until pci express come out before buying a motherboard, but i just bought a new one, and im very happy. gig something 400pro 2 for AMD.

screwless is good, some work better securing your pci cards than others. it's also good to be able to option to use screws if you want to. i can on my thermaltake, i just pop out the inbuilt connector thingys, and use a screw. ( as i move my case a lot,traveling interstate by plane, and doing lans once a month)

later

sealcomm

sealcomm

I can get u a feed back on Radeon 9600 Xt. It runs awesome. I tried Halo, and with full settings i don't lose much fps at all, but only on a huge level where its flooded with enemies :x. As for CS, 90-100 fps almost constant. I like it, and its cheap compared to those super high-end cards.

Back