Need some help.

inkelis

i've been looking into getting a CS:Source server. I came across Artofwarcentral hosting, they seem to be good. Does anyone have expierance with them? I'm new to server hosting quality. If someone could help, it would be much appreciated.

-Aaron
-Inkelis

I owned a 1.6 server from them a way back, as far as that goes very stable or at least for the time great ping suggestion is to get it middle of the country such as texas

I was thinking about Getting it in Seattle (Which is closest to me), are there benefits of having it in Texas?

inkelis said:
I was thinking about Getting it in Seattle (Which is closest to me), are there benefits of having it in Texas?
Unless there would be an East and West server, it's always good to find a server that's near the middle of the US. That way users from both east and west have roughly the same ping. If the server's on the west coast, west users would have lower pings, and east users would have higher pings.

Don't know if that made sense, lol.

Made perfect sense. I will try to get one in the middle of the US.

But as far as ArtofWarcentral, are they a good organization to go through? Good service?

If you intend to have people play on it yea because its not just good ping for 1 side of the country if you had it on the west coast most people from texas over will ping 50 and under but the other side will be not as good.

Clear accross the country, from east coast players would ping 100-120. I know this cause i'm on west coast and play on gfc 1.6 server, which is on very east coast. Texas seems like a nuetral point, I ping about 60-70 on those servers.

I believe Chicago and Dallas are the two most desired locations for game server locations. Of course, I'm five hours out from Chicago, so I might be biased on this topic.

Last edited:
I am leaning torward Texas, This way everyone on my server is Somewhat equalized. Hopefully it won't cause pings over 100.

Has Anyone used AoWC? If so can you shed some light?

Back