need some advice

legitnoob

ok guys need some advice so my sister and my niece and nephew live with me and my nephew shares a room with me and he likes Xbox too he is 14 but right now I kinda getting annoyed with him bc over the past few years(even b4 they moved in) every time I let him play on my Xbox he ends up messing something up. he has broke disks, got the infamous ring round the disk if u move the Xbox while the disk is spinning, broke my turtle beaches etc. but it makes me mad bc I know my sis can't afford to replace em and he is too lazy to get a job like I used to do that young such as yard work for neighbors etc.
just trying to see what I should do.

list of stuff and how much he has cost me.
2 copys of oblivion 120.00
copy of b ops 60.00
3 copys of halo 3 160.00
turtle beaches 60.00
so around 400.00 bucks just the stuff I can think of off the top of my head

Not exactly sure what advice you are wanting, but I would say some rules need to be put in place.

Blessings and Hugs, "Angel"

Advice always starts with prayer. :)

I would suggest either set boundaries, or pack up your games etc and take them with you.

simple in my eyes...if he is breaking things and not willing/able to replace them..it's time to physically restrict his access to said device...a safe..or lockable drawers or something.

well this is what it is I have set boundaries told him he isn't allowed to use it and no one else enforces it while I'm gone since I work out of state, and Idk I kinda just want to make him start like rakeing leaves mowing yards in order to replace it but my sister probably won't agree with it bc she babies my niece and nephew and shows no discipline

then you need to pack up the gear and either take it with you or store it in some place offsite where it is secured....otherwise you are leaving yourself in the same situation.

heh, I agree with HCS,

Just lock it up. It sounds lame and you'll look like a grump, but until some stuff is worked out, this can lead to some good discussion. Just dont be angry but do it with a humble spirit and lock it up.

yeah I don't get mad about the stuff getting messed up just mad that he blatantly lies about it. like he was the only one using my Xbox and I came home and the earphone part of my headset was snapped in half and I asked him about it and he said he didn't do it and I'm like u the only one there besides my bro who I asked and he said he didn't(I believe him he is 29 a youth pastor and is very honest and mature) and he is the only one left

You could probably find a decent travel bag that will allow you to make the XBox and assorted accessories portable for a decent price. Pack it up and lock it up when you're gone or lock it in the trunk of your car and take it with you. As the parent of a 15 year old, some times you just have to be the hard case when they don't respect the boundaries.

well I typically am my sister says I'm too mean lol but I guess its bc o demand respect I I don't really put up with there bull crap but that's the only issue I've been holding my tounge about

well I typically am my sister says I'm too mean lol but I guess its bc o demand respect I I don't really put up with there bull crap but that's the only issue I've been holding my tounge about

I totally identify bro, had these kinds of problems with room mates. I lost a blender, found knife holes, broken knifes, stab marks in the knife block (i'm assuming the knifes broke from be thrown at the knife block and the holes in the wall are from when they missed), scratched pots and pans, etc.

But that kind of attitude your harboring right now isnt cool and you want that respect, but until boundaries and humble acts of locking away the items, your going to get more angry and bitter about it and its going to not work very swell.

Back