need software preferably free

Atown

Christian Gamers Alliance Amazon Store Manager
Staff member
ok i was lookin for a program that would distort my mic voice just cuz thats a cool concept and wasnt able to find anyuthing useful, anyone here have a good program?? and 2nd my dad wants to turn his tapes into cds but im not sure how the heck to go bout that any clues?? thanks

Audacity is by far the best free recording program out there, you can go grab it off of sourceforge.net along with a lot of effects plugins. if your sound card has EAX on it, download creative playcenter from the creative labs site, its numerous effects work well with audacity; for instance, I did a live record of my church band with audacity, cleaned it up, then re-recorded it with some EAX effects, and got it to sound like that old chipmunks cartoon :eek:

umm quick thing, i recorded a song from my ps2 and it had a ton of static, is that from my semi old equipment or the program or what?? and what can i do to get rid of it.

Probably both. Older cards, and even some newer ones dont record very well, as with some programs. Get audacity and use the sound clean up tool to get rid of the static, simply by setting a small smaple of the static as the filter.

On another note, its probably the cables you used that gave the static, if you use cheap cables, you can pick up a lot of extra noise.

alrighty i figuired out how to use the sound filter.

Back