Need help

Kid4Christ

Hey guys, GW has been giving me ping/FPS issues for a while now. After that April, 10 update, this has started happening to me. My FPS is about 15 and it should be about 60. My ping jumps from 300-4k at times. This started happening right after the big update they had on April,10. I have a feeling this is because I have Vista that I have for my new computer. My friend is having the same problem and has Vista too. If you guys can give me any help that would be great. GW isn't giving me help because "They don't support Vista". So for the time being, I will not be playing GW anymore until this problem is fixed. And I have a feeling its not anytime soon....

That's interesting. I made some changes to my computer trying to get my RAM to work on my Vista computer and about the 10th (within a few days of there anyway) I noticed that my framerates and pings were bad too. I assumed it had something to do with all the setting changes and BIOS update I did, but now I wonder. I was thinking of flashing back to my original BIOS and re-install Windows but I've been dreading that.

Ping rates have been bad on my XP computer too, so I don't think that's a Vista issue.

Well here is what I got from Tech support.....

Hello Justin,

Thank you again for contacting Guild Wars Technical Support.

We apologize for the confusion but whenever we say that the operating system is not supported it dose not mean that the game will not run on it. But there will be always problems in the game because it dose not meet the minimum requirement to play the game. You would need to switch to a supported operating system for us to assist you with this issue. If you were playing on vista without any problem then generally you are lucky that the game ever ran for you on that operating system. The game requirements have not changed, and the window vista was never meant to be supported by the game.

Additionally, we would like to inform you that Guild Wars may support Vista in the future. We do not have a time frame as to when it will be supported though. Any changes to this status will be noted on the website.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Guild Wars Technical Support

Well, its been good guys but I guess I wont be playing anymore until they do something. Ill see about using my dads labtop but I don't know because he needs it for work....

I found last night that nVidia put up a new windows Vista driver last night. I downloaded and left the computer to install when I went to bed last night. I'm anxious to try it out and see if the new driver improved anything.

Or Anet has become a bunch of anti-windows pirates

No just anti-Vista pirates. Which I incidentally support. I warn everyone I know not to get vista just yet. It's the Windows ME of a new generation. So buggy. My condolences Kid, that stinks you cant play for a while but I have good news for those of you unfortunate enough to have upgraded to vista.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Upcoming_changes_and_features

Vista Certification is on the way in the near future.

Update - Wednesday April 18

* Enabled the Russian language option.
* Fixed a performance issue with anti-aliasing on nVidia cards and Windows Vista.

Hmm. I had noticed wierd bugs in and out of the GW window when I turned anti-aliasing up to 4x. I'll have to go check out my computer's performance with the new update after Lost is done.

well......

maybe they changed something. i finally got the key, got GW installed.....

and, unfortunately.....it worked. The PC has a junk junk on board intel card, no anti-aliasing, and it's playable....looks pretty good too.

so....maye they changed something......maybe it's nvidia. Have you tried lowering you graphics to nothing and then turning them higher?

Well, the're update somewhat did it. I can now officaily play again. I need to have my Anti Aliasing totaly off though. Witch is a rip-off...But what ever. Hopefully they fully tweak it in the future.

Back