Need a little help

skvsr

Heya folks - I am working on the Shadowmourn quest and have to have 1000 kills in ICC 10 or 25. I am over 300 at this point and I think Brootis is over 600. It is an accomplishment I would like to achieve before the expansion. Yes, I will probably have a better sword within a month of Cata release, but I want this achievement since it would be the highest level achievement I would have accomplished in game. I never did get to raid Uldaman, Naxx or even Kara. I was too busy having fun with other things. But it would be a very momentous occasion for me, but I cannot do it alone. I may have a solution, though.

If we could do a bunch of ICC rep runs - no bosses so we could reset - it would not only allow me the kills, but allow some of the newer 80's to build the rep for the awesome rings ICC rep offers.

Can you help me set a schedule for this? Give me an idea of a good time that will not interfere with our other raids and we can work this out.

You have a long way to go Sam! Good luck to you though!

Have you seen the rest of the requirements?

- 1000 kills in ICC
- Slay 25m Putricide
- Slay 25m Blood Queen
- Slay 25m Sindragosa
- Collect 50 Shadowfrost Shards
- Acquire Shadow's Edge
- Kill the Lich King

Yep and am willing to do what it takes. But it is not done in a corner alone. I have Shadow's Edge already so I am in pretty deep. It is Shadow's Edge that needs the 1K ICC souls fed to it...

I'm up for helping you again to get some kills with it! And getting the sindy 25 kill will be hard. Either pugging it or possibly with the Guild... (which would be sick!). Let me know what's up Sam!

Yep and am willing to do what it takes. But it is not done in a corner alone. I have Shadow's Edge already so I am in pretty deep. It is Shadow's Edge that needs the 1K ICC souls fed to it...
Acquiring Shadow's Edge is the start of it...

But I'm sure Fallen would help you out for the right amount of gold lol ;)

You have a long way to go Sam! Good luck to you though!

Have you seen the rest of the requirements?

- 1000 kills in ICC
- Slay 25m Putricide
- Slay 25m Blood Queen
- Slay 25m Sindragosa
- Collect 50 Shadowfrost Shards
- Acquire Shadow's Edge
- Kill the Lich King

It's actually a little more complicated than that.

First off you don't need an LK kill to get Shadowmourne, Shadowmourne is given to you on the 2nd to last quest.

For killing Prof Putricide 25 man you need to be the Abomination, if you have Shadow's Edge the abom will have an additional ability called Shadow Infusion (3 sec cast) which is usable on an Ooze to provide you a 6 minute debuff window to kill Putricide. This move costs 100 energy though so you'll be hard up to slow your ooze target.

For killing Blood Queen you need to have gotten the Blood Mirror debuff sometime during the fight. This is the debuff the offtank usually gets and it's based off proximity apparently. Than after that you need to become a vampire and use the bite ability 3 times. You'll also get a stacking physical dot debuff on you called Gushing Wounds after you lose your Blood Mirror debuff and start biting people. This dot also reduces your damage by 10% a stack.

For killing Sindragosa you need to eat 4 frost breaths and kill her. The first breath starts a 6 minute debuff so you must kill her in that time.

You'll need 3 tanks for Blood Queen since you only need to get the Blood Mirror debuff for a second and than go off around being a vampire and biting people. You don't necessarily need to be the first one she bites but whoever was first bitten MUST bite you first before there will be mass mind controls.

The Sindragosa one shouldn't be too bad since you're a tank anyhow.

Also, for all of these Shadow's Edge MUST be equipped or there will be no credit as well as that you MUST survive to the end and it seems that each Infusion quest revolves around you getting a debuff that lasts 6 minutes.

You'll be lucky to get this done before Cata comes out Sam with the way I know our 25 mans are.

Last edited:
Thats more of a guild achievement than a personal one, even top raiding guilds only have 1 or 2 shadowmournes, and I know of plenty that have none still heh.

Killing LK with shadowmourne grants you 5 more epics:p

Thats more of a guild achievement than a personal one, even top raiding guilds only have 1 or 2 shadowmournes, and I know of plenty that have none still heh.

Killing LK with shadowmourne grants you 5 more epics:p
5?!?! Really?

I know it gives you a chest that you can open that drops goodies.

well my friend that opened the chest had 5 purples in it is what I meant, some silly stuff but kinda cool heh

well my friend that opened the chest had 5 purples in it is what I meant, some silly stuff but kinda cool heh
Yeah you get the following:

* Reins of the Crimson Deathcharger - A brand new mount that looks like the Death Knight's class mount. I've seen this mount for 100k+
* Muradin's Favor - A 10-minute Frost Dwarf transformation.
* Jaina's Locket - A portal to Dalaran on a 1-hour cooldown.
* Tabard of the Lightbringer - A tabard with a very shiny on-use effect.
* Sylvanas' Music Box - A music box that plays Lament of the Highborne.

Sounds cool. Lots of work to be done. Shadow's Edge now has 300+ and with some work, we can finish this for Brootis and myself. I think Auggy is doing this or is close to done himself.

Back