Nature Based Religions

I think she meant that in a roundabout way.

Any worship that doesn't directly involve God must have Satan at its core.

Gen stated in the Halloween thread (I think) that she used to be Wiccan.

I've never truly understood the nature based religion.   I mean Christian's are mocked for worshipping Jesus, yet these folks are over there worshipping the oak tree I want to cut down to use in my smoker....

As well, I don't know if I would consider Wicca a nature-based religion.  They don't exactly worship plants....

No, they worship NATURE, which is more of a "force" than it is a plant.

What makes you think Wiccans aren't mocked?
rock.gif

Wiccans do not worship satan, as 'satan' is a christian image and Wicca is not affiliated with Christinity. The idea that 'witches' are inherently evil devil worshipers is the result of a long and hard campaign by the Vatican to destroy the Wiccan religion, as well as other pagan faiths.

Gen meant that in a roundabout way.

If you are worshipping any being other than God, it's because you've been tricked by the Prince of the Power of the Air, Satan. Hence, you worship him.

Not my thinking, but a popular Christian outlook.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ByblosHex @ Oct. 25 2004,1:14)]If its not of God it is of Satan... anything you worship that isnt God is worshipping Satan.
The world would be much better off were it not for that belief.

Y can't god come in different forms.

When I was a kid my dad told me that god just showed it self in different form. So couldn't the pagan gods be the same as the christian god. It just came to them in a different form, and the people who saw it created a religion around it.
Does that make sense, sometimes its hard for me to get my point across.

And I'll ask a old question again, how do u know what is of satan and what is from god.
And does this mean that u think all other religions that arn't christian are satanic?

It makes sense.... but you are either worshipping THE god, or not god at all... worshipping God in Jesus form is the same as worshipping his spitir form ya know.... Its still the same guy but in a different form...

Back