Natural Selection 2 is the reason I want to build a new gaming rig. Now.

Back when I tried it it ran fine (on my 3.0 dual core, 8800 512 GTS, 4 gigs of memory) until you got more than a few people in it, then your FPS died whether anything was on the screen or not. I was running good with at least mid-range graphics setting too. As such I'm thinking they could make it work fine on computers like mine with some optimization for culling. Seemed like when the corridors got spammed with a zillion of those alien turret things it got real bad. I mentioned a while back they were supposed to improved the optimization but I don't have the HD gigs to check it out. I can't remember if you said you tried it since then?

Last edited:
I'm also looking at a new pc but for these games: Guild Wars 2, The Secret World, & Interstellar Marines :)

Back when I tried it it ran fine (on my 3.0 dual core, 8800 512 GTS, 4 gigs of memory) until you got more than a few people in it, then your FPS died whether anything was on the screen or not.
I'm running an Intel Core2Duo T6400 (2.0GHz per core), a Mobility Radeon HD 3650, and 4GB RAM. So my machine doesn't handle the current build of NS2 very well. :(

I can't remember if you said you tried it since then?
I load up a beta build now and then to see if they've done any optimization work. It runs better than it used to, but it's clear that a game this shiny is going to require beefier hardware to play at a respectable frame rate with decent or better image quality.

My plans to start saving for a gaming rig this month will likely get pushed back since my wife and I will probably be buying new phones soon, but I still hope to build a desktop gaming rig before NS2 releases.

NS2 will be one of |CoR|'s next servers to offer along with CSGO this year. We had NS for several years until the community died out. We fully expect a huge resurgence of the NS2 community.

NS2 will be one of |CoR|'s next servers to offer along with CSGO this year. We had NS for several years until the community died out. We fully expect a huge resurgence of the NS2 community.
I plan to post a call for donations in the ToJ forums for a ToJ NS2 server when the game gets closer to 1.0 release. I ran ToJ's NS1 server back in the day and I may break my rule about not managing another game server for NS2 if no ToJ members have stepped forward by then to run the server.

Since I'm not interested in YAMS (Yet Another Military Shooter), NS2 is the only FPS on the horizon I'm interested in. But I am very interested in NS2.

I'm running an Intel Core2Duo T6400 (2.0GHz per core), a Mobility Radeon HD 3650, and 4GB RAM. So my machine doesn't handle the current build of NS2 very well. :(

I load up a beta build now and then to see if they've done any optimization work. It runs better than it used to, but it's clear that a game this shiny is going to require beefier hardware to play at a respectable frame rate with decent or better image quality.

My plans to start saving for a gaming rig this month will likely get pushed back since my wife and I will probably be buying new phones soon, but I still hope to build a desktop gaming rig before NS2 releases.

cpu isn't your issue it is the that radeon. I am assuming this is a notebook?

That flamethrower come with a compression blast? o.o)/

That flamethrower come with a compression blast? o.o)/
Doubt it.

But you can rest assured that the Marines flamethrower won't come with hats, crates, or an inane deluge of untested weapons.

Still <3 TF2. It's made me appreciate when developers treat their game like a product instead of an advertising platform.

But you can rest assured that the Marines flamethrower won't come with hats, crates, or an inane deluge of untested weapons.

IDK Tek lots of developers nowadays are jumping on the micro transaction bandwagon having learned about all the money to be made. I can see an Onos wearing a bowler or derby right now :p ...

IDK Tek lots of developers nowadays are jumping on the micro transaction bandwagon having learned about all the money to be made. I can see an Onos wearing a bowler or derby right now :p ...
/me evolves, stuns, and eats Gerbil

Back