My Wii Rocketh

Need to pick one of these up eventually, really want to play Twilight Princess. Other then Zelda the game line up doesn't seem that great till next year with Metroid and Mario, but Zelda is a great game to hold you over till more show up.

As stated in other threads, my wife and I are planning to purchase a Wii early next year. I'm very excited about Wii Sports and Wario Ware: Smooth Moves. I've also heard of only one hardware problem with the Wii so far, and since I've only seen one video demonstrating the flaw (a defective disc loading mechanism), I would guess that it's rare.

So, yeh, I'm looking forward to purchasing a Wii next year. :)

Need to pick one of these up eventually, really want to play Twilight Princess. Other then Zelda the game line up doesn't seem that great till next year with Metroid and Mario, but Zelda is a great game to hold you over till more show up.
Yep yep -- Twilight Princess is definitely worth playing. I'm only two hours in, and I'm beginning to feel that this game is massive.

I've also heard of only one hardware problem with the Wii so far, and since I've only seen one video demonstrating the flaw (a defective disc loading mechanism), I would guess that it's rare.
I've heard of this, too, but I assume it is indeed widespread.

The drive on the Wii is really cool, though. You just start pushing the disk in and it sucks it right in there. Same thing with GameCube games. Sweet stuff.

Glad to see they have finally moved away from the tray loading. Car CD players have been using the self load style for well....ever.

Can the VR games be played multiplayer through on-line ?

Example, Street of Rage 3 is 2-players (or 4-player, counting the selectable characters), Could I play the game on-line and my 2nd-player would be someone on-line?

Also, Alien Vs Predator IS 4-players, if I was to play it on-line, can 3 other players join in?

And yes, Tek7, AvsP is not part of the selectable VR game consoles for the Wii.

Last edited:
Virtual Console titles cannot be played over the internet -- for the time being. Nintendo has hinted at adding this functionality a bit further down the line.

Is it just me or does the Wii controller look like the stupidest controller on the face of the earth?
It just looks so impracticle

Snake- I thought the same thing about the original x-box controller til I got my hands on one and it fit me like a glove. I find the Wiimote to be way more responsive and intuitive then any other game controller I've ever encountered. Just get your hands on one for a couple minutes and then tell me its impractical, if you can tear yourself away from it for even a moment.

I thought you plugged a normal Wii controller into a thingy that looked like a GC controller

Just get your hands on one for a couple minutes and then tell me its impractical, if you can tear yourself away from it for even a moment.

Actually, I could. See, after watching a commercial, I can say that I could, ESPECIALLY since I've been tired a lot lately.

ALTHOUGH! I will say that if they made a really intuitive game that let you guide a sword or something any way you wanted to instead of a pre-set group of moves that would involve pressing B+A+R+Y+X+X+B in rapid succession... then we'll see.

A word of Caution. Check your wrist strap often for wear.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/ongoingfeature?eid=494785&page=0

:D

That is for the people that have LCD TVs.

SirThom, how is your internet connection with the Wii? I noticed it says wireless, does it comes with wired? And can I use a Linksys Game Adapter?

I will get the Wii maybe next year since I noticed there isn't a lot of Wii games and that Super Smash Bros. Brawl comes out on March!

And can anyone tell me when does the purchase-able Wii points are available? It says $20 for 2,000 Points but I don't see any retail stores that do sell them. That doesn't matter now since Nintendo Wii does not have most of the classic games from the previous consoles and none of my favorites.

A word of Caution. Check your wrist strap often for wear.
Indeed. While I have not had any issues (since I don't let go of the controller...), people do need to be careful. ^_^

I thought you plugged a normal Wii controller into a thingy that looked like a GC controller
The Wiimote connects to the Wii wirelessly via Bluetooth. The nuchuck (required for some games) attaches to the Wiimote. GameCube pads and memory cards plug in the top of the console. WaveBirds work really well, too.

SirThom, how is your internet connection with the Wii?
It's pretty solid, I can dance between the Wii Shop menu pretty quickly -- it's just the initial connection setup that takes a few moments.

I noticed it says wireless, does it comes with wired?
It does not come with a wired connection port (and as a result, you cannot use the Linksys Wireless Gaming Adaptor). However, there are two USB ports on the back of the unit, where you can plug in a Wi-Fi adaptor, sold directly by Nintendo.

And can anyone tell me when does the purchase-able Wii points are available?
I know that in the US, you can purchase Wii points directly on the console with either Visa or MasterCard.

-------

By the way, I did purchase Super Mario 64 via the Virtual Console. I'll be making a post soon! ^_^ (Hint: it's really cool.)

Back