My wife is brilliant

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
On Binary Domain:

Me: It's a third-person cover shooter.
My wife: What does that mean?
Me: It means you spend 2/3 of the game behind a 3-foot high wall.
My wife: That sounds terrible.

On Xenoblade:

Me: This is the main character.
My wife: Who's that?
Me: That's his childhood friend, Fiora.
My wife: Oh, I see where this is going: Nowhere.

(I guess you have to be familiar with the Unlucky Childhood Friend anime trope to really get the joke there.)

On League of Legends (before I started playing bot matches):

Me: *complains*
My wife: If the game isn't fun, why do you play it?

If your spouse or significant other has said anything brilliant about games or gaming, post it here.

Some numbers of years back while my husband and I were playing World of Warcraft, he wanted me to make a Dwarf Priest in order to have Fear Ward back before Draenai were an option.

I spend some time on it, getting to around level 30 or so, and then he says he changed his mind, that he doesn't want me to play it anymore. I ask him why, and he answers that it's too unattractive for him to be able to flirt with. After realizing he was serious, I'm like, " ... ... I'm sitting beside you on the couch. You don't need to look at my character or type an emote for that..."

Sometimes you have to step away from the pixels to reconnect with real life for a bit.

Some numbers of years back while my husband and I were playing World of Warcraft, he wanted me to make a Dwarf Priest in order to have Fear Ward back before Draenai were an option.

I spend some time on it, getting to around level 30 or so, and then he says he changed his mind, that he doesn't want me to play it anymore. I ask him why, and he answers that it's too unattractive for him to be able to flirt with. After realizing he was serious, I'm like, " ... ... I'm sitting beside you on the couch. You don't need to look at my character or type an emote for that..."

Sometimes you have to step away from the pixels to reconnect with real life for a bit.

/like :D

I think RiverTigress gets the blue ribbon on this one.

Back