My SF Mission Trip

Snakebite7

Hey Guys,

I recently had the major privilage of going to San Francisco for a Junior High Mission Trip. I experienced and witnessed things that I had never even thought, or hoped, to experience. The first thing we did was drive 4 hours to Burningame, CA (just outside of San Fran) to help a poor church in need of some simple work. We stayed the night there for two nights, helping this little church get projects done that they could not afford. We painted the main doors, pulled some weeds, salvaged some old bricks out of the ground, and cleaned the place up to make it look even better then it used to look. We had lots o' fun and played this game at night called "Kidnap".

This church at night, was really REALLY creepy at night because of the pews and stain glass windows. What we did was turn off all the lights in the building, then have our leaders dress up like ninjas (all black, faces covered). Then they hid a object that wins the game if you grab it. We weren't allowed to have flashlights (which really was freaky). Then, when we are told to go out, the ninjas can "capture" you Splinter Cell style and put you in a prison to be freed (if somebody can get into the room that your being held in). This game was REALLY fun. :D Anyway, once we were done with that church (after the two days were done) we moved to a chuch in Vallejo, CA (again, just outside San Fran). HERE is where the real witnessing began.

When we first got there, the Junior Highers from their Youth Group played games and celebrated with us. It was ironic because we came there to help THEM while here they are, serving us ice cream and food. A LOT of stuff happened so i'll just get to the important, cool parts. Everyday at about noon we had a chance to feed and serve the homeless. We broke up into teams of about 3-4 and some went to tutor young kids and some went to help cook food for the homeless. I had the privilage of cooking. After I had cut about 5 whole, cooked chickens into little pieces for soup, these people swarmed in and I got to serve them. When I served them that food, the look on their faces were like 'This must be a miracle'. A lot of them exclaimed "God Bless you, man! God Bless you!" I replied back to them the same thing they said to me. This opportunity was so great I felt as if I could love on everybody and not care what they look or sound like, that day we fed 198 homeless people. This came in handy for the biggest chance to minister on this trip.

On the last day there, we had a chance to go to Pier 39 in SF as a reward for the hard work we had done. Once we got back from that, we played and laughed and had so much fun. But then, my youth pastor (his name is Robbie) called us around for one last thing. And what was, was we had to wake up (this is at like 10-11 PM at night) at 2 AM in the morning to do a Barbeque for people who are out at night at this time who really need some place of refuge instead of roaming the streets. Here I had the privilage to meet a lot of homeless face to face. A couple in particular was Ken and George, Ken was a rather old fellow who had just lost his home and job about 7 weeks ago, he has no family and has a dog, which he says is "the only thing he has". He was sitting eating soup all by himself on the curb so I took the liberty of going over and meeting him. He basically told me that he was lost in a dark pit. I told him at that very second that we all go through very hard times in our lives and that, with a bit of perseverence and patience, God will bring you out of it. He can be a light at the end of a dark tunnel. Now George, he was a great, happy guy. I guess his daughter died from an artery exploding in her leg. Now his wife is sick, and as I heard that I said "You want me to pray for her?" and he was very happy that I asked that.

I left that shindig knowing that I had just fought a battle as a warrior for God.

Last edited:
Rock on! That's so awesome! Are you going to be staying in contact with Ken and George? The "Kidnap" game sounds sweet too.

Side note: For readability, make sure you space things out a bit.

Awesome. Sounds like the trip was a success. And isn't it amazing at how circumstances are all just a point of view? Specifically, you said that you were going there to help the junior high...and yet, they served you.

Something important to keep in mind...look at what you were able to accomplish with little cash. It doesn't take a million dollars to make a difference - it takes compassion. I experienced a lot of the same things when I went to Philly last year on my first missions trip. The biggest thing is keeping your fire for the Lord lit and bright for all to see - keep making a difference, even in your school... your neighborhood... your home.

I'd say "God Bless You" for what you've done...but it's evident in the passion that you wrote with that He already has. The Christ-like ways that you've learned to serve others shows just how deeply blessed you are. So perhaps "May God continue to bless you" would be a better sentiment.

Keep that light shinin', brother.

IM POSTING FROM MY Wii!

Awesome. Sounds like the trip was a success. And isn't it amazing at how circumstances are all just a point of view? Specifically, you said that you were going there to help the junior high...and yet, they served you.

Something important to keep in mind...look at what you were able to accomplish with little cash. It doesn't take a million dollars to make a difference - it takes compassion. I experienced a lot of the same things when I went to Philly last year on my first missions trip. The biggest thing is keeping your fire for the Lord lit and bright for all to see - keep making a difference, even in your school... your neighborhood... your home.

I'd say "God Bless You" for what you've done...but it's evident in the passion that you wrote with that He already has. The Christ-like ways that you've learned to serve others shows just how deeply blessed you are. So perhaps "May God continue to bless you" would be a better sentiment.

Keep that light shinin', brother.

Thanks man. Also, i'm just coming out of JH. *sniff*
Anyway, thanks bro. I'm also posting from my wii. :)

Back