My mother is dying

Abba San

Legacy of Elijah [LoE] - Proud Grandfather
It has been a tough few months - I haven't been in Guild Wars for two of those months and only an infrequent visitor to the forums.

In the past three months my mother has been in ICU for six weeks, off and on. Since just before Christmas her health has just collapsed. Heart, lungs, bladder, kidneys, intestines, infections - just a tailspin as her body is battling itself. She is on dialysis three days a week and in a health care facility trying to get rehab from all the time in ICU.

I've been back to Virginia for extended visits a couple of times. It is tough being 2,500 miles away.

Pray for peace for my mother. We had a serious talk. She keeps saying, "I want to go home." She can't go home - my father is almost 82 and cannot handle the level of care that a bed-ridden person needs. I told her she was going home - either to be with Dad or to be with the Lord - and both of those are good things. She knows and accepts the reality.

I do pray for strength and healing - but mostly I'm praying for her peace. She is a Christian and loves the Lord. This will be fine - it is just hard right now.

I don't often pray that a person may be freed from the tyranny of the flesh to go home to be with God, but if I have your permission I will pray for that along with peace for the family.

That's really tough. I'm sorry to hear it. I'll be praying for her and your family.

Sounds similar to what happened to my dad a few years back. May the Lord grant you peace and strength as you and your family travel this difficult road. May God be glorified no matter what happens.

Well - got the call. It is off to the east coast again. The doctors say there is nothing they can do but keep her comfortable. We have a meeting on Wednesday to decide what that means for my mother AND my father.

Thanks for the prayers.

I went through it with my dad and my grandmother. May the Lord guide you and give you the peace that surpasses all human understanding.

Revelation 21:1-6 is always appropriate at these times.

Last edited:
I am home.

Slept in my own bed for the better part of twelve hours, had a shower in my own shower with my own, non-travel shampoo, made a cup of my favorite tea in my own mug, sitting in my chair...I am home.

It must be time to go up to the church.

Thank you all so very much for your prayers these past couple of weeks. They are answered. My Mama is at peace, she is not suffering any more. My Dad is doing okay. They were so close all their lives together...this will be a tough adjustment.

I am doing just fine. I got to be with my Mama when she was doing well to when she took her last breath. We got to laugh and to cry together. I got to walk that last path with my father, to be a supportive son for him. I got to be a big brother again for my little sisters. I got home safely. Now, I am resting in the comfort of my loving wife and am looking forward to a great Easter celebration tomorrow.

Thank you, again, for all your prayer support. That's what helped me through it all.

I am home.

Have a blessed Easter.

Back