My first PvP WSG experience.

Reason

New Member
I tried out my first PvP WSG last night. I would have to agree on what everyone else says, the Horde are more organized.

I went PvP'ing with my Mage. My 2nd time out, I ranked 2nd on the list that you get when battlegrounds end. I don't know if that's good or bad, but for my 2nd time being there, I wouldn't say it was terrible.

I also found Alliance members just standing around. When they weren't standing there, they were not in a group at all. Everyone really was off doing their own thing. I tried to stay by atleast someone to have some kind of group effort.

I did also pick up the flag one time from the Horde base. It was short lived but I really felt like I accomplished something for only being there two times. I started to get bored with the game a little bit but I am happy to say that I finally have found something that I enjoy right now. I think I'll be sticking to PvP for a bit with my Mage and see how things go from there.


ttyl,

Chris
 
The list at the end shows basically who killed the most of the other faction, particularly who had the most killing blows. This list is not really important for what matters in BG, and that is winning. I would say that alliance is certainly more concerned with the list than horde is, I think there is just a misconception that the list is what is most important for gaining honor. Winning the game will give you the most honor, as you get bonus honor for each flag capture. I have seen games where the alliance has dominated the list and still loses the game 0-3.

I have played WSG so much that I can usually tell when a group has a chance of winning or will just be overrun. The first indicator is upon the gates opening and seeing where people go. If the majority go for the horde base and do not get side-tracked by the horde running the other way, the group is focused on getting the flag and not HK's. That group has a chance of winning.

Also the more there are of people who whine and freak out about everything, the weaker your team is. The quiet "do-er's" tend to win games, not those wasting time typing useless messages :)

A small hint if you did not figure it out: If you shift-left click the BG icon on your mini-map, you will get a small battle map that shows you where everyone on your team is and if your team has the horde flag, where that flag is, regardless if there is a raid group or not.
 
Last edited:
Just to echo what Osk said, do yourself the favor, ignore the list. Get one or two others to come with you, hopefully a druid. I have played more WSG then I care to admit and it never fails to disappoint when you watch the Alliance sitting on D or "chasing" the Horde mid field. WSG is the worse of the BGs in my opinion. I prefer AV out of them all.
 
I remember my first BG (WSG) like it was, oh, 6 months or so ago. That's because it was. I had a shadow priest and Shuranda had a hunter (Horde, Mal'Ganis realm). We were level 25-29. We didn't have a clue what was happening or what to do. I don't even think we knew that WSG was capture-the-flag. Not knowing any better, we just followed the crowd out, saw the alliance and started attacking. Whenever one of our teammates came out with their flag, we'd do our best to defend him. We won 3-0 and I ranked 3rd for kills.

I get too wound up in the BGs though for it to be lots of fun for me. I'm just too competitive, and can't stand to die.
 
I'm hoping I don't have to come to the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" tactic and make an UD mage.
 
There have been many days, MANY days, that I was tempted. Most (if not all) of the Pawned Den guild are 60 Alliance members, many I have talked with. It almost seems like this is what Alliance does when they get owned, they get serious, spin a Horde with all their Alliance buds and beat the poor up and coming Alliance pvpers ;)
 
Ahh BG - a place becoming near and dear to my heart. I've been spending a good bit of time in WSG with my undead 'lock. I'm finding 'locks are just *sick* in BG. Nothing like fearing your opponent and blasting them to death!
They just don't stand a chance.

It seems there's a few different strategies for winning WSG.
1) Move as a solid pack destroying everything in your way
2) Send a group to defend mid-field while another group goes in for the flag
3) Send stealthy rogue in for the flag, leave a couple in base for D, rest play mid-field.

Has anyone else seen different strategies that work well?
 
All I can say is there are two dominant hordie groups in WSG60, one is characterized by the characters Dyingbride, Rehd, and a few others. These guys are good, you will need a great strategy and a lot of mid-field work to beat them.

The other group is characterized by the guild "The Short Bus", and characters Brotherman, Petthekitty, and Menox (sic?). These guys are a blitzkrieg, but they are also poor losers. To beat them, just keep the offence on full blast, and they will eventually quit. FTW.

The trick to winning in AB60 is to hope and pray that all of the hordies have minor (non-injury-inducing) family emergencies all at the same time.
 
Back
Top