My config is the messed up

Miscellaneous

Ok, so today I was playing in a server, and the admins got mad at me for killing them so they mess up my config. They binded every key to "kill."

Sorry Babo for thinking that you were slaying me.

Finally tonight I figure this out, and I fix my binds, reset my fps, my rates and all of that stuff that they mess up. The only problem is that I cannot move forward. I binded W to move forward but it doesn't work. I even tried another key mouse up, and it doesn't work.

Can anyone give me some info on this.

BTW 20-8 in D2 without moving forward. w00t.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Miscellaneous @ Mar. 21 2004,10:46)]Ok, so today I was playing in a server, and the admins got mad at me for killing them so they mess up my config.  They binded every key to "kill."  
...?

It's impossible for the admins to adjust another player's configuration. That is not within our power. The only way I can think of (at least from the information you gave us)is that you got hacked, but that’s very unlikely. Especially in-game.

If you need to speak privately with one of the leaders about something an admin did, please do that, and not "blow off steam" here in the public forums.

I don't think he is talking about the ToJ servers.

I've seen some pretty wild stuff happen on some pub servers mind you. Who knows what kind of Mods some of them run. Scary stuff.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Corpfox @ Mar. 22 2004,12:34)]Have you ever tried not binding keys?
I'd like to see you play with aboslutely nothing bound. Strafe, Shoot etc

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It's impossible for the admins to adjust another player's configuration.

admin_execlient or something like that most use that and unbindall its really REALLY mean
rock.gif

Not in ToJ did this happen. In a Broken Reality server. It was only messed up at my brother's house and now I'm back at school, so he'll probably fix it :p

Thanks though for the replies.

If your brother needs the config.cfg file, any of the ToJers would be happy to send a repilca of theirs.
smile.gif

Para, the adminmod and some Modificatino system of CS can allow the admins to run client configurations. I recently had some incidence with The daggers where they muted me for abusing the voice comm while i wasn't even doing any thing. I was bearly talking and what, all i said was need back up, they are coming up over here and stuffs like that :S they messed up every single one of my sound configurations. Even after someone unmuted me, i couldn't use some of the sound configurations and had to re-do my configs
sad.gif
I was surprised the daggers admins even reconsidered my case.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'd like to see you play with aboslutely nothing bound. Strafe, Shoot etc

Strafe is A/D left/right keys, Shoot is Left mouse button, buying weapons; ex: a Colt. B key, 4 key then 3 key. So, for a very long time in cs, i've been using default keys, except arrow keys.

Corp, those keys you just listed, are bound to a command ... hence 4top suggesting you playing with nobinds <-- HA, I made a joke (Kevin
biggrin.gif
).  Anyways ... the point to this is that every key is bound to a command, so there's no way you can play without binds, therefore, you saying "Have you ever tried NOT BINDING keys?" doesn't make sense.  But I think what you are talking about is scripts ... buy scripts, duck/jump scripts, duck/fire scripts, stuff like that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Corp, those keys you just listed, are bound to a command ... hence 4top suggesting you playing with nobinds <-- HA, I made a joke (Kevin ).  Anyways ... the point to this is that every key is bound to a command, so there's no way you can play without binds, therefore, you saying "Have you ever tried NOT BINDING keys?" doesn't make sense.  But I think what you are talking about is scripts ... buy scripts, duck/jump scripts, duck/fire scripts, stuff like that.

Bind; 1: tie, 2: obligate, 3: unite into a mass.
Binding would be like using the F1 & F2 keys, Auto buy and Re-buy, or other way around.
Or like using the Mouse Scroll as a 'shoot' button, moving the scroll up and down rapidly 'shooting' the weapon. Or buying a weapon, equipment and ammo in a second or 2 than a usual 5 secs to 10 secs. (depending on the player's skill)

For me, ex: getting P90, ammo, etc.
B, 3, 4 for the weapon. comma 3 times for primary ammo. period 6-8 times for secondary ammo. that takes me about 3-4 secs or more. So buying all at once in a sec or 2 flat is binding. And yes, there go through command, but not a 1-2 sec binding command.

Scripts?
Is that a log showing what I do: reaction speed, walking, running, shooting, hitting?

Scripts are used to do things such as buy Corp, eg You could have something set up so that when you hit "l" it would buy either a colt or an ak depending on if you were CT or T ~ usually involves aliasing I think, I'm not real sure as I don't do it.

That would be an example of a buy script though.

I...see...
rock.gif

then i guess i don't script either...hmm...heh...

well, w/e, your all high techy, you help the man/guy out, im low techy.
laugh.gif

Back