my church

legitnoob

well to give u a back story my church has been goin for about 6 years I've been the youth paster for abot 5 1/2 but has been there the entire time.

we started in a store front and grew after about a year and a half we ended up renting the one next door and about 2 years ago we ended up buying a building from a local Baptist church that was given a new building so they sold us there's cheap(40,000 compared to 160,000 to what it was worth).

now we just started a second ministry in a town close to ours. our main pastor is at the new ministry getting it on its feet and our associate pastor is basically taking over this one till the other one gets off its feet. well were just kinda struggling now some people left over ridiculous thing(some got mad bc use leaders got together and talked to a bunch of the families that were bad mouthing each other etc.).

and some of the people we got left are just immature and its sad when I got to get onto an adult(I'm 24) and there child for pushing each other around(pushing hips into each other trying to make the other fall down may I add the child involved is 17 and the adult is in her 40's and should know better).

trust me I'm not a prude or against fun just there is a time and place for that not during worship causing guests to be distracted. but our associate pastor is new to the ministry and needs encouragement due to his kind of different calling then the main pastor( has the gift of prophecy) and struggles thinking he will not live up to the mains mantle.

well I'm also one of the decons as well and the other decon that didn't go to help the main has just been failing in helping all he does is complain(bc of recent hardships that he put on himself) and it goes over to the church complains about little things about what's going on with the church now and its hard being the only one trying to help in the leadership

I've almost wanted to talk to are main pastor about just finding someone else to take his place(decon) but that will cause the decon to probably leave the church and he is a friend but Idk just need prayer so I don't go crazy.

(Just edited with more spaces to help make things easier for others to read and try to get it......I hope you don't mind......Blessings and Hugs, "Angel")

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds pretty intense. I will keep you and your church in my prayers.

I have to admit, I really wish you spent 5 mins in a word processor before you posted this. It really hurt my brain to attempt to read it.

yeah I'm sorry I'm writing from my phone and its hard to keep my ideas in line bc my phone does whatever it wants it will zoom in and out so I lose my place and train of thought easily fighting with this stupid thing. but if it will help when I get of work I can try to edit it on my pc

Not to be a smart Alick but welcome to ministry. This sounds a lot like what we've been going through over the past year. Be encouraged, if you follow God He will be there for you. We lost several key people but found out that it was God cleaning house. There was sin in our leadership which had not been dealt with and when we started following God again, He cleared a lot of that away. I agree with you on disciplining the two messing around during worship. As a pastor and a deacon you need to set the example for the others especially your youth. Keep doing what God has called you to do.

The Church (eternal triumphant) is made up of people that God is dealing with, so until Christ comes again there will be stresses and difficulties in many parts of the body. It is the job of those people who really care to pray for The Church, no matter what part of the body we are affiliated with. God will find a way to continue to purify His Church if we pray and love our fellow members the way they are, people in need of God, just like us. So I will pray for God's will, grace, and Holiness for your part of The Church.

Back