Must have for Swordmasters!!!`

Tath

Ok I had pretty much given up on my SM even though it was my highest lvl character at lvl 19

part of my frustration was the whole dance mechanism, and the fact you have to have sooo many buttons on your bars and depending on whether your fighting a squishy, you have to find the physical chains, or fighting a tank, you find the spirit chains. just made it too much button memorizing and searching.

so I found this mod:
http://war.curse.com/downloads/war-addons/details/planb.aspx

and what it does is you set up 3 bars, one for openers, one for improved stance, and one for finishers. you can place any buttons you want on there, but what it does is changes the bars to match your stance, so if your're in normal stance it's on bar 1, improved bar 2 and so on

what this has done is extremely simply and make it easier to do chains and not mis hit or miss a strike, for example I have my physical chain set up on all 3 bars on button 1, so when I'm fighting a squishy I just press button 1 3 times to execute a perfect chain, or for tanks it's button 2, and then button 3 is my knockback and extra strikes.

it has totally changed the way I view the class and not only made it much more fun to play, but it's made me a better sm, I'm doing alot more damage (due to hitting the right strikes quickly) and now i'm back on my sm full time

just wanted everyone to know about it, it's super easy and a blast to use

:)

Thanks, going to try it out. As I level and get more abilities it is becoming more of a pain cause I am having to move things around to get things setup for the combination's.

one thing to consider when useing all the styles is your spec. I am a 32 SM and I have all my skills in one tree and that tress skills are all i use b/c of the more damg they get from being speced in that tree, at low lvls i wish i had this to help me but at the higher lvl you get, the more your spec counts.

just an FYI

Maybe I am not getting it, but I just set up my bars top and bottom in the series i like to attack ot chain, I did not think it helped i will try it again around 23-28 maybe it helps if you have more than 5 buttons :)

But in fairness I see how some floks like it it wasn't bad, I just tend to be OCD sometimes

well the biggest thing for me is it lets me focus more on fighting and less on which buttons I push.

like you mentioned at higher lvl you stick to one chain, but for instance i'm going to be Khaine/hoeth. I'll be using the physical attack chain gs/qi/?? and i have those all on button 1,

my spirit attacks which I use on tanks i have all on button 2

so if i fight a squishie i just hit button 1 alot hehe tanks button 2

may not be for all, but for me it saved the class :)

The blade dance is what killed the class for me. I may have to download this mod and give it another go. But then again, I already have 6 alts that I want to play. Darn Mythic for making everything fun!

Back