Mumble Troubleshooting Thread

Joshinator

Christian Gamers Alliance TeamSpeak 3 Server Opera
This thread is to be used for troubleshooting issues relating to mumble.
I will also be documenting fixes to common problems and linking to them in this post.
This thread will be replacing this one.

Last edited:
Audio Issues
If the sound overdistorts or you hear high-pitched frequency pops, try getting whoever you hear having that problem to turn down their Amplification at Configure -> Settings -> Audio Input, turn off their Mic Boost, and/or turn off Automatic Gain Control (AGC), or a combination of all three.
If you are experiencing audio anomalies or glitches (robotic noise, audio cutouts, etc), many times, setting your Default Jitter Buffer and/or Output Delay to a higher value will fix it. Try playing around with the two settings. You can find them at Configure -> Settings -> Audio Output. It has been reported that 30 ms for Jitter Buffer and 30 ms for Output Delay works well for many people who experience these types of problems.
If the problems still persist, go to Configure -> Settings -> Audio Input and set everyone's Compression such that it shows "Speex" in the black text underneath the Compression box. Any setting that is <= 32.0kbit/s @ > 20ms audio per packet will be Speex.
If the problems persist, try setting your bandwidth lower at Configure -> Settings -> Audio Input -> Compression box.

ok, so I have the port and address right but it keeps saying: "Server connection failed: The remote host closed the connection. " What does that mean, and how do I get around it?

I also have this, and afterward the program crashes. The server and port are correct.

Here's a solution for the "Remote Host Closed the Connection" error.

If you receive the "invalid password," send a PM to Joshinator with the name you used when you previously logged on to the CGA Mumble Server and copy me on the PM. Whoever gets to it first can delete your previous account and you should then be able to join the server.

Here's a solution for the "Remote Host Closed the Connection" error.

If you receive the "invalid password," send a PM to Joshinator with the name you used when you previously logged on to the CGA Mumble Server and copy me on the PM. Whoever gets to it first can delete your previous account and you should then be able to join the server.

That page seems to be out of date. There is no such option in 1.2.3 on the Advanced setting.

That page seems to be out of date. There is no such option in 1.2.3 on the Advanced setting.

I just checked and I have that setting once you check the advanced box as shown. It goes away when advanced is unchecked. Did you get the official download from sourceforge?

I already stated that was in the Advanced setting. And I turned off the firewall completely, but it still didn't work. As I stated in the other thread, there are a number of unaddressed complaints on this issue on their website. Are you sure you all are referring to the stable update and not the beta?

Well that screenshot says 1.2.3 in the top frame and looks like my 1.2.3 screen as well. I wonder how you have a different one.

Have you tried the beta build?

Headset issue: Mumble is not automatically picking up my usb headset - any suggestions?

I know that TS3 sometimes does not - I have to go into options and reset the headset. I can't seem to find the spot in Mumble.

im not the tech guru, but I found the setting for that under configure > Settings> Audio Input> one or the top lines is a drop down. if this is not helpful, no worries, I was just offering the location. If some other issue others are better at helping then I.

After some issues with my pc i re-installed my OS
and was unaware i needed to back up a certificate..
So i currently am unable to connect..
I get a password error but i believe it is certificate related..
i tried a new name,deleting and re-installing mumble and have had no luck..
so i was asked to post it here
Waynos

After some issues with my pc i re-installed my OS
and was unaware i needed to back up a certificate..
So i currently am unable to connect..
I get a password error but i believe it is certificate related..
i tried a new name,deleting and re-installing mumble and have had no luck..
so i was asked to post it here
Waynos
Okay, deleted your registration from the server. Try connecting again and let me know if it works.

Ummm... I'm trying to get mumble setup and accidentally hit "simple interface" or something... now it's JUST a server listing. How do I put it back?

---

Nevermind, I found it.

Last edited:
Hey guys, the mumble server has been denying me enter privileges and chat capabilities on all the channels.

Did something change or did I get banned from the server for a reason I don't know about?

We had to password protect because of the trolls over the weekend. That is probably it. Catch an officer in game and they can give you the password. We are not posting it in the forums...we'd just have to change it again once it got out.

Back