Morality gear

Awesome. One of my favorite things about RPGs has always been character alignment - especially in KOTOR. I've always liked playing dark side characters, since that is pretty much always the opposite of what I'd do in real life. I like how it allows me to blow of steam and force choke some random NPC instead of doing it to that person who has been annoying me. :D

Oh I hear that! Probably why I enjoy PvP so much. Not that I enjoy targeting other people and faceplanting them to be mean, but I just really enjoy the competitive release I get from PvP.

I LOVE the idea of identifying players by the type of gear they are wearing. Great article by DH.

im guessing you would get diffrent gear depending on choices you do through out the mission, so this would add extra incentive to play through missions again right?

It isn't just mission choices in and of themselves that will change your gear. There will be some gear that you have to have a certain alignment to be able to equip. For example, for you to equip the lightsaber of lesser darkness, you might have to have enough dark side points to be dark side level 2. For the lightsaber of greater darkness, you would have to be dark side level 4. Anyone who was light side could not equip either lightsaber at any time.

dont you think that mission allignment comes from game choices, so to get diffrenet allignment you might need to run throught the game again,

The alignment definitely comes from game choices, but I'm not sure how or if they are going to let your character change alignments once you've gotten to the end of the game. My guess would be that you'll have to start a new character if you really want to have a different alignment.

I'm pretty sure they'll have the "Daily" quests lined up that will give you a chance to change your alignment, or I"m almost pretty sure they'll have "tokens" that you can buy that will give you Light Side / Dark Side points...

Yeah, I would think that there will be a way to switch, but I doubt it will be by redoing ALL the quests you did before.

i'm almost sure they'll have "Daily" quests for Light Side and Dark Side, either quest giver will give the player a chance to increase/decrease their alignment.

But definitely not by REDOING all your quests.

Yes, there are repeatable daily quests and daily PvP quest. Two of the daily quests areas is on the planets Ilum and Hoth. We'll be fighting over control of Ilum for lightsaber crystals for example.

As far as repeating quests again in order to gain light/dark points, I think it will depend on what type of quests your talking about. In this story driven MMO, they aren't going to want you to relive your class quests that define your personal story and are persistent throughout the rest of the game, over and over again. However, you will be able to gain light and dark points in flash points, world story quest lines, space combat quests and others, as there are lots of shared story dialogues in these to choose light and dark outcomes and some of these quests are repeatable. Once you decide to safe or not safe that <fill in npc name here> in your personal quests, your not going to have a chance to change or relive that experience. You can tag along with someone else's personal experience, but you'll have no say as to what choices are made and therefore not gain any light or dark side points for story dialogue you aren't apart of.

There will be lots of chances thru other quests all throughout the game to change your side, but I can almost guarantee it won't be via purchasing token/coins to do so. That also doesn't fit with their story driven MO.

I agree that they may have npcs that offer you to do repeatable quests that are more inherently good or evil so you can tweak which way your alignment falls, but I'd be surprised if Bioware has dark and light quest givers or refer to them as light and dark NPCs/Vendors. But this is all based on the information I've seen so far and could change later. :)

Last edited:
I know that some quest will be unrepeatable ,and that was the point. The mortality gear is another reason to run a new chacter, therefor you cna be the same class and have new stuff. It is an etempt to give the game replayibility.

Back