monday night assault

Atown

Christian Gamers Alliance Amazon Store Manager
Staff member
ok wierd title i know, but i was thinking we should get a group of 4 level 15-20 to take out the army of charr in the Great Wall Mission.... its kinda ghetto idea i know but it should be fun. im thinking tonight at lkike 7pm pst

let me get this straight. a bunch of high-levels go to ascalon and smack down the char without the use of the fire slinging machine thingies?

actually snds like fun...

I think he means that on the GNW (First mission), where you would normally run away from the Charr army, stand and fight instead. Could be quite a fight with that many Charr, even being lower level. Also, I heard there is a boss in the mix that has an elite to capture. Can anyone confirm this and what skill it is? Also, it would be interesting to see what happens in the cutscene if you kill all the Charr.

I'll give it a try with you if I'm on tonight. I'm getting the feeling my wife would like me to take a night off.

DZwart said:
I think he means that on the GNW (First mission), where you would normally run away from the Charr army, stand and fight instead. Could be quite a fight with that many Charr, even being lower level. Also, I heard there is a boss in the mix that has an elite to capture. Can anyone confirm this and what skill it is? Also, it would be interesting to see what happens in the cutscene if you kill all the Charr.

I'll give it a try with you if I'm on tonight. I'm getting the feeling my wife would like me to take a night off.

!! that even sounds like more fun!

If i'm on, give me a buzz. I'm not going to be running any quests tonite, I've done The Wilds, Bloodstone Fen, and Aurora Glade in the past three days, so I need to take some time off for exploration, farming, and in general smacking down on the various denizens of Kryta. <does scary GW dance>

I'll bring a Capture Signet and see if we can find a boss with an elite skill in that mix.

Man...make sure you guys come back and post a report/screenies, I'd love to hear how this goes down!

Intruiging. I once did that mission alongside a level 20 warrior (my ele was only level 6-7 at the time) and a few other lower level chars. As the rest of us ran back to Greywind, the level 20 turned to take on the whole horde of those Charr. I don't know what kind of armor she wore - perhaps forge, perhaps not, but she got mowed down. Even so, a group of 4 level 20's - especially if there was a nuker and a monk in the mix - might make it interesting.

One issue, though, is the fact that there is a timer tied into that mission of 3 minutes or so. When the clock expires, presumably the mission is a failure... although the prospect of capping an elite does make it compelling nevertheless...

Last edited:
On GWFreaks Character builder it says you can aquire Mind burn from the boss (elementalist). I have no verification that this is true other than it is listed there.

Atown, the screenies aren't very big, so I can't tell what I'm looking at...I take it you beat them? Did the 3 minute timer make a difference?

We wiped them out without breaking a sweat. Then we ran over and mopped up one group that got caught up at a corner on a pathing issue. We must have missed the boss or killed him without noticing :). We ran into the area where the Charr army was gathering to look around, but we were all killed when the 3 minute timer ran out.

Yeah, it was a mere three groups of 6 or so. Not really the huge army of Char that I remembered...

You guys should do that on the Nolani Academy mission. Open the doors and wade through the onslaught of Charr! If you want it to be more of a challenge, don't take any AOE spells.

Thanks for the report. I was very interested to hear how it went. I suppose it ALWAYS seems like the army is bigger when you are a lower-level character. :)

Nolani would also be a good one to try that in, although there is a certain thrill in mowing 'em down with AOE spells that would be hard to miss.

ive done the nolani but recently died, so i guess next week we can do nolani :p

Way down the road, when my Me/W is quite advanced (instead of in the Northern Shiverpeaks), I think I'll try Illusionary Weaponry + cyclone axe....ahahahah....

Back