Modern Warfare 3 made $400 million in its first 24 hours

ewoksrule

MW3 sells 6.5 million units in US, UK within first 24 hours

Activision’s announced Modern Warfare 3 made $400 million in its first 24 hours in the US and UK, selling 6.5 million units in the process.

The sales figure is up 900,000 units on last year’s Black Ops, and is a million more than what Battlefield 3 did in its first five days.
The $400 million mark is a staggering statistic that makes the Infinity Ward/Sledgehammer collaboration the third straight year Activision has made “day one launch records across all forms of entertainment,” according to the press release it sent out.
Black Ops sold 5.6 million units in 2010 when it made $360 million in its first day, while Modern Warfare 2 sold 4.7 million and made $310 million when it released in 2009.
Activision boss Bobby Kotick claims LTD sales for the entire CoD franchise “exceed worldwide theatrical box office for “Star Wars” and “Lord of the Rings,” two of the most successful entertainment franchises of all time.

Got the Modern warfare 3 game, I'm surprised it run's well on
very high detail on my PC, I thought I had to use medium detail
like on Battlefield 3.

I might see if I can play some of you on Modern warfare 3 multiplayer.

I need a new controller, I have 3 but i swear the dead zone on all of them stinks. Unless its just me, which is possible. But even with Kontrolfreaks, I feel like a slight move does nothing, then i reach the edge of the deadzone, and it flies all wacky and I have to like nudge it constantly vs a fluid movement. Is it me or is this the sign of old controllers?

Back