Missed church today...

silverleaf

Well totally disastrous day. woke up slightly late, so not good to be late for mornin church and all so went for the one that starts at 11 instead of 10.30. However, as it was their anniversary, they combined the morning + late morning service and so started at 10 instead for this week. Anyways in my area, there wasn't any in between churches we knew except one that was in Chinese, which unfortunately I'm a chinese who can't speak chinese very well as I only had it up to grade 6. So ditch that, we're going to the evening one. However, its winter and now its time to set off (well at the time I started writing) and its awfully dark, plus my mom is having her period currently which she suffers from severe periods (partly my fault, c-section preemie lol). Being the 2nd and most severe day she gets dizzy and so can't take us. Phoned my dad, hes going in my place (I know it doesnt work like that but hey I need someone to pray for my exams) and sorted the issue out.

BTW dad working overseas so its just me and mom for 2 weeks.
So basically will I be allright? The bible didn't say anything specifically about every week must meet at church right?

Anyway, so exams are on wednesday and now is my sunday evening, hopefully I don't get an IRL debuff of -10 intellect for this. Though I know (and am glad that) our God isn't one that will start throwing fireballs on us for such things. Its more of a personal commitment. Either way, I need a buff, not a debuff!!!

Last edited:
One thing the Bible clearly says is - don't be legalistic about it. A Sabbath or Lord's day is for your benefit, not to judge you.

Just one passage is Colossians 2:16-23. It starts with:

So don’t let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths. Colossians 2:16 (NLT)

and ends with:

These rules may seem good, for rules of this kind require strong devotion and are humiliating and hard on the body, but they have no effect when it comes to conquering a person’s evil thoughts and desires. They only make him proud. Colossians 2:23 (TLB)

By they way, the "anyone" includes yourself.

Have a great Father's Day.

God knows our hearts. And he also knows what's going on in our lives. If you can't make it a week or two, God isn't going to cast you out of the Book of Life. When there are circumstances that just keep you from going to church every now-and-again, you're okay.

Hebrews 10:24And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. 25Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Colossians 1:21Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. 22But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation— 23if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven

These verses specifically talk about falling away - not just missing church, but forsaking your faith. Just don't let stuff get in the way on a regular basis. Missing church is very different than forsaking the fellowship.

Anyway, so exams are on wednesday and now is my sunday evening, hopefully I don't get an IRL debuff of -10 intellect for this. Though I know (and am glad that) our God isn't one that will start throwing fireballs on us for such things. Its more of a personal commitment. Either way, I need a buff, not a debuff!!!
I believe the Armor of God+6 (Ephesians 6:10-18) resists all debuffs. Just be sure you wear it every day. =)

lol thanks pple. Puts my mind at ease. And abbasan lol I'm 17 aint gona be a father any day soon (though I did call up mine :D).

I think I read somewhere in the Gospel that you don't have to go to a Church to have Church.

Back