Minecraft Style

Putting in the time is worth bringing so much joy to so many Minecraft fans!

well captain sparkalz gets payed to play video games lol been around for a few years and done a lot of minecraft parodies of famous songs. he also does minecraft let's plays that's his job. he is a machinima director I think.

Yes that's exactly the case. I've wondered how he can sell the song on ITunes. Did he contact the composer of Gangnam Style for permission to use the song? The composer would have received royalties if granted permission. This problem has surfaced before. Look at Weird Al Yankovic. He's always had to ask for permission for song parodies from the original artists.

If I recall correctly, most parodies of songs are legal, protected under fair use in the same way works of criticism are. My quick review on the matter seemed to be in agreement with my memory, but I could definitely still be wrong. The imitation of the video may be another matter, one I've never looked into.

Nevertheless, if there's a lawsuit against him for the song being a case of copyright infringement, he should definitely fight it. Looks like the court rulings of the past suggest his court ruling would definitely be in his favor.

Last edited:
This is what I found from ehow:

Fair use is outlined by the copyright laws found in Title 17 of the U.S. Code. Copyrights of materials begin the moment something is created. Parodies of songs that borrow the music and some lyrics may be legal if the parody comments on the origin work. Parodies are considered new works and thus are also protected by copyright laws, but a necessary component of copyright fair use involves the interpretation of the circumstances and transformation of the original work.

You may be right Kendrik. I think due to the popularity of Minecraft Style and let alone the amount of comments on Jordan's explanation of the video being taken down, the subject of copyright infringement will go viral much like what happened in the early 90's.

yeah I really didn't like the video however I do like Jordan just really hated the music like some people I play Xbox minecraft with used to play in obnoxious sound levels which I could hear threw my headset so I ended up muting them and I don't tend to play with them anymore. but any u guys play the Xbox v

Back