Millenial position?

Which millenial position do you support?

• amillenialism

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • premillenialism

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • postmillenialism

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • i have no clue what you are talking about...but jesus loves me

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
"What does God say" about "Millenial" position? He doesn't take a position. He is God.

His ways are higher than our ways, His thoughts higher than our thoughts.

I highly doubt in His return He will say "Ahah! Yep you guys got it right. High fives all around." We won't even care at that point either.

All that being said, amillenialism/reformed here too.

Obviously this is doctrine and not dogma...

Your committing blasphemy against systematic theology in saying God doesn't say anything about the millenium :D (hope you sense my sarcasm)

God does say something about the millenium in revelation, otherwise we would have no knowledge or anything to interpret on the subject matter. But how do you interpret it?

I'm not asking a question that isn't mentioned in scriptures like how did angels fall?

His ways are obviously higher than our ways in nature, but God ultimately reveals himself in Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
I'm with you Patriot - I don't debate it.

In seminary we had to be able to defend pre and post trib, but not so much on a-, pre-, or post- mill. If I had to fall somewhere it would be post-trib - premill. But still not anything I feel the need to be dogmatic about.

In seminary we had to be able to defend pre and post trib, but not so much on a-, pre-, or post- mill. If I had to fall somewhere it would be post-trib - premill. But still not anything I feel the need to be dogmatic about.

And this is exactly why I love this place. We can be brothers and choose to major on the majors and leave everything else up to God.

I had this idea for a t-shirt it starts out with bold letters "God is not a Presbyterian" and below that ",Baptist, Catholic" and everything else in smaller and smaller letters. God is God! Woot!

There will be no future "I told you so" moment for anyone. We will all be wrong in some way shape or form.

+1 to this.

For the sake of the poll, I'm still not sure where exactly I stand between a- and post-, but I'm pretty sure I lean more toward post-. Not so much on board with pre- these days.

Gotta say, though, I take eschatology this year (either this term or next), and I'm pretty excited about workin' through the subject in a classroom setting. I think the official school stance is pre-, but the professor I'll probably have for it is really good about fairly showing the support for the major sides of an issue.

Intriguing subject. Definitely not something I'm gonna draw lines in the sand over, though.

Last edited:
Debating eschatology makes smart people look dumb, and dumb people look smart.

Only things we have to agree on is:

There will be a tribulation, Christ will return, and there will be a rapture.

In what order and what it looks like is purely secondary.

I dont argue eschatology, other than the above points, because it always ends up being something like this:

Some white guy pulls out a giant poster board with diagrams colored in with crayons, arguing times, places and dates.

Yeah I've seen that one happen.

I'm premillenial and pretribulation as far as rapture is concerned, but I am open to the possibility of persecution hitting the western Church before the rapture occurs.

Does it truly matter in our daily walk? Don't like debating over stuff like this, it serves no real purpose, I would rather discuss ways to live daily for Him, and how to live the gospel in order to win people to Christ. That is what is truly important.

Does it truly matter in our daily walk? Don't like debating over stuff like this, it serves no real purpose, I would rather discuss ways to live daily for Him, and how to live the gospel in order to win people to Christ. That is what is truly important.
It's in the Bible and serves a purpose in our daily walk.

If anything, I think the purpose is to show that God is God and we know so little about God that it will take an eternity to learn even the smudgen about God and Gods ways.

I have a possible leaning on this topic, but I am a firm believer that it isn't one of the core fundamentals of Christianity. I'd rather avoid the topic most of the time. It's so divisive, and an over-focus on the end times is one of the common traits of most cults you will find out there. Nothing in the Bible isn't worth learning more fully and I don't think any of you in this thread have really disagreed with my sentiment, but I almost hate to see it turned into the debate thread that you are hoping for, Jam :)

Grace, dudes, is where it is at!

I'm sorry that you understand the subject as divisive. People make this too complicated, everyone understands that God wins in the end. What's all this fuss about division?

It's a great subject to debate about because it reveals believers hermeneutic methods. The end times says a lot about our view of salvation, grace, works of Christ etc. All theology is tied together, the climatic finish is the end times.

Revelation was put in the Bible for a reason. It reveals many divine truths. However, the book in it's apocalyptic nature, becomes very difficult to interpret. With this we should spend time respectfully discussing the different view points of this book.

Obviously this is doctrine and not dogma...

Your committing blasphemy against systematic theology in saying God doesn't say anything about the millenium :D (hope you sense my sarcasm)

I would love this to turn into the millenium debate thread~

I just read through all the posts - and so far, not a single thing that God says. Doctrine and debate (at least in this forum) is based on scripture. Otherwise, it is just opinion.

The opinions, so far, seem to be: mostly premill - with most people not up for debating the issue.

Sufficient for what? Yes we have sufficient knowledge for salvation. The Bible seems to teach that Non-Christians have sufficient knowledge of God and of right/wrong in order to be condemned and responsible for themselves. But we will never know "all" about God. God is Omniscience and Omnipotence and infinite. Even a billion years into eternity we still won't know everything there is to know. God is infinite and we will be learning more about him every day, forever.

Last edited:
Back