Mike & Bob's Raid: An Apology From Bob

Apollux

Hello Forgiven.

This post is primarily to the folks in Mike & Bob's Raid (Mike, Steve, Todd, Jason, Meaghan, Jacki, Chris, JohnD, and Alex), but I wanted to make my sentiments public as well.

Monday the 14th, we were running our raid as normal and on the Alysrazor encounter. We had a few wipes (one or two which were related to me) and Mike was getting a wee bit frustrated. (Now in Mike's defense, he had some family issues to deal with today.) After our last wipe and sensing Mike's frustration (with what I assumed was my performance in particular), I chose to log out and leave the raid for that evening.

I am guilty of a few things:
  • Leaving my fellow raiders high and dry in the middle of a run.
  • Letting my emotions get the best of me.
  • Not being an exemplary Christian or Officer of The Forgiven.

SO, I am asking for forgiveness from my fellow raiders and apologize for my actions. Additionally, I have been praying about our group, raiding, The Forgiven, and WoW. Many of us have been playing the game for a while. We are all subject to the stresses of real life, WoW burnout, having a bad day, etc. However, you have all done an admirable job of being dedicated to the group and our run. Please accept my gratitude. I'd also like to request that if a certain night, being there for the raid is particularly difficult please just give me and/or Mike a heads up via the forums, facebook, text, etc. Don't let your dedication to our run affect your real life beyond WoW. :)

This guild and raiding group has been a blessing to me and I am grateful for the opportunity to game with fellow believers. Thank you for your fellowship, I value it immensely.

Respectfully,

Bob

Bob,
You and I have chatted and I have forgiven one another. I'm guilty of what you talked about in your second paragraph. My head and heart was not in on the run Monday night it was with my wife. I probably should have bowed out but felt that I owed the great group of friends in getting closer to completing FL. Obviously my being distracted and extremely impatient was making the evening not so fun for anyone. Cleary not the intent we have behind our raid.

Hopefully we can begin anew this Saturday. As Bob has said please let us know if you can attend. I think we'll need a healer, Meaghan mentioned her work hours were later this Saturday.

And for those who are wondering, my wife came out of her surgery well. She is slowly recovering, I hope to get to take her home on Thursday. I'm on my way back there after checking in on our kids. (Grandma and Grandpa are helping us out). Thank you all for your prayers.

Vivat Jesus!

Hey Bob,
First and foremost, I want you to know that I think of you as a friend. Not someone I game with. Not someone on the internet. But a friend. I too have become upset with wow on occasion. And even thought about leaving the game on more than 1 instance. But it is because of you and the other people in our raid that I still play wow. I truly enjoy our fun and our fellowship.

One of the blessings and curses about our group is that we are all very different people. I have known Mike for most of my life and I understand when he gets frustrated with the way that I play it's not a direct attack on me, he just wants to make sure that we're the best we can be. he and I have even voiced our frustrations with each other in game (unfortunately). But in the end, we are still brothers.

Anyway Bob, I look forward to running with you on saturday. And if you ever need to voice some frustration, create a macro :)

Mike and Steve,
Thank you for your replies. I too consider you two (and many of The Forgiven as friends as well). I value our time gaming together and to your point Steve, at the end of the day, we are all brothers in the Lord.

Mike - glad to know your wife's surgery went well.

See you all on Saturday.

If you ever need to voice some frustration, create a macro :)

Great. Next time we raid, Bob will be the one going "muhahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa" instead of me...

Jokes aside I agree with Steve. Jacki and I will still be supporting this fun and worthy endeavor and the people in it :)

And Bob, you and Mike will always be our friends, not just our tank and healer pixel-guys.

Also, we thank God for the good news, Mike :) We'll still be praying!

Back