Migration to XenForo (Sept. 2015)

I view some profiles and saw that the names are invisible unless you highlight them. (see untitled pic)Untitled.png

As for what ursen said there is not quote button. I had to look up how to quote as I'm don't know codes at all. the pic below shows the code on how to quote manually.
quote.png

as for the grainy avatar, I think a image resizer can do the trick. but that is done by the user end.

hope the pics are working. Finally thanks Tek and all those who worked on this xenforo thingy

Last edited:
I view some profiles and saw that the names are invisible unless you highlight them. (see untitled pic)View attachment 2141

As for what ursen said there is not quote button. I had to look up how to quote as I'm don't know codes at all. the quote.png shows the code on how to quote manually.

how the pics are working.
To quote a post, just click Reply in the bottom right corner of the post you want to quote.

You can click Reply on multiple posts if you want to reply to more than one post at a time.

Going to test another feature: @The Mighty Gerbil

Okay, now to see if that feature requires an add-on or not...

EDIT: Nope, it doesn't. It's built in!

Okay, so I think it's safe to say the migration was successful. I've fixed the permissions issues for Lydia's and Richard and I are working through some of the display issues with the custom theme (but hey, we have a custom theme!).

There's still some work to do and a lot of learning ahead for me and other staff members (and much less for active members who don't need elevated rights), so don't hesitate to post other issues or ask for updates if you don't see a fix within a few days.

As an aside, the CGA Dark & Red theme is FANTASTIC for night reading and plays very well with f.lux.

ah ok. My mind was in quoting bible verses as that is what I think ursen is saying.
Okay, I see what you're saying now.

Let me see if the ol' vBcode does any good:

I am not a crook.

EDIT: Looks like it does! Just use the old tags ([.quote] and [./quote] minus the periods) to identify text as a quote.

Hi Tek! I noticed the forums looked a little different! I headed here promptly to find the thread about it, so good news: no complaints on functionality. I just wanted to comment that this default red/black/white scheme matches my avatar nicely (now updated to better resolution, based on above post), but the switch from the blue style... it just feels like I switched loyalties. Maybe I'll add "Long live the users!" in my sig or something. :)

I view some profiles and saw that the names are invisible unless you highlight them. (see untitled pic)View attachment 2141

I noticed this too. On the Black & Red color scheme, the text is white on a black background in those cases. When I switched to the Light & Red scheme, the background is white, but the text stays white too, making it invisible.

Or they are using secret ink.

Found another bug, it might be related to the other "invisible bug"

The text for "text size" and "font family" is invisible, it does work though.
a455b2b846ddfc23ab17c41d770797be.png

Yeah, I tried to fix the "white text on white background" issue by tweaking the theme last night but didn't have any success. I may have to defer to @RichardRobins on that one.

I've also noticed that the custom themes have 2 fonts: One for post text and another for links and user interface elements (e.g. the Post Reply and Upload a File buttons).

Just noticed that there is a quote button in the insert shortcut. it is just invisible as some of the shortcut buttons. I think it's a theme design problem.

Untitled.png

Default theme has no invisibility problem so it is a theme problem.

The invisible profile is not a problem in CGA Dark & Red Fluid theme.
Untitled2.png

Last edited:
Hebrews 13:5-6Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
5 Your life should be free from the love of money. Be satisfied with what you have, for He Himself has said, I will never leave you or forsake you.6 Therefore, we may boldly say:

The Lord is my helper;
I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?

wootses beats the problems I is/was having. Thanks aniptgtsg

In case anyone was wondering, I am planning on enabling profile posts in the near future. I'll likely restrict it to forum members with x number of posts (maybe 10?) to discourage abuse of the feature. Admins can delete profile posts, but I'd rather people just play nice to begin with. :)

I think I'm going to restrict uploads and image posting to folks with more than x number of posts (probably 10 again) as well.

There's still some configuration left to do, but if you see something you'd like changed, please post it in this thread!

Fixed the dropdown on dark theme, checking light now
Thanks Richard.

Not sure if this was noted before. The preview of the forum is still having some technical difficulties.

upload_2015-9-29_15-32-48.png

P.S. I just notice you can just paste picture here. What am I doing uploading stuff the hard way? :eek::eek:o_Oo_O

Addition: I just notice that when you use the "link" button, you can't see the site in the editor.
editor:
upload_2015-9-29_16-12-24.png
actual:
upload_2015-9-29_16-14-37.png

Last edited:
Okay, we're running the latest version of XenForo now: 1.5.1.

NINJA UPGRADE

Back