Migrating from Ikonboard to vBulletin

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
Greetings, all.

As hescominsoon has stated in other threads, Ikonboard is bringing Go Daddy's web servers to a crawl. This results in forum slow-down and downtime. HCS and Kidan have been researching alternatives and, with their help, I've decided that vBulletin best serves our purposes.

The good news is that moving to vBulletin should drastically reduce server load, speed up the forums, and minimize downtime.

The bad news is that a lifetime licsense for vBulletin costs $160. Ouch.

So, this thread is dedicated to explaining why we are moving to vBulletin--some of which I've already explained--and raising the $160 so we can make the move.

We are asking those with surplus funds to consider donating toward this expense. We understand that not all forum members are not at a point in their lives, financially, to send money. There is no pressure on forum members to help cover this expense; all those who donate should do so with a cheerful heart, not out of any sense of obligation or demand.

That being said, all those who donate may choose to be listed in a "Thank you" thread to follow the close of this fund-raiser or remain anonymous. I do not consider one choice more "holy" than another and leave the choice to the individual.

So, with my disclaimer out of the way, here's the technical information. ^^

Please send all donations via Paypal to donations@cgalliance.org. You can use your Paypal account, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express to send funds.

Stay tuned to the forums for updates regarding this fundraiser and the migration from Ikonboard to vBulletin! ^^

Back