Memorial Day

Hamm468

What are you doing for Memorial Day? Do you have any traditions that are carried out? Are you going somewhere? Got a funny Memorial Day story? Why not share it!

What's happening for my day is Bakey is coming over. I'm not quite sure what we're doing yet though. :confused:

What are you doing for Memorial Day? Do you have any traditions that are carried out? Are you going somewhere? Got a funny Memorial Day story? Why not share it!

What's happening for my day is Bakey is coming over. I'm not quite sure what we're doing yet though. :confused:

I'm pretty sure it's going to involve me eating your foods. And I'm OK with that. :D

Helped Raise Flags In Local Cemetery

We were honored as a family to help out local veterans and the Sea Scouts-raising flags in memory of our service men at the local cemetery. We were honored to raise one in memory of our dear friend, who served in the Korean War, and one for the Tuskegee Airmen.

I also remember a friend of mine whose helicopter was shot down during a cease fire in the Gulf War, Kuwait.

God, thank You for these brave men!

"God grants liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it." -Daniel Webster

At Ease, My Brothers

(something my aunt, who did a stint in the Army, posted on Facebook)

No one knows the terrible cost of war more than a soldier. Soldiers, by and large I think, aren't pro war at all. As a fellow x-service man said today, not pro war but pro military.

Would there be a day when hearts and minds are so mindful of the terrible cost in lives destroyed and lost, that war is unthinkable.

Even then, we honor and remember those who lie in countless Flanders fields.

In Flanders Fields
By: Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae, MD (1872-1918)
Canadian Army

In Flanders Fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw