Mel Gibson

Mel Gibson has cool hair.
biggrin.gif

Jfreak: Don't be throwin' no wired mouses. Just throw the rolling ball inside mouses.
laugh.gif

My turn to be bad:

All things are gifts from God, but before they turn to fruit, you have to get off you butt and get to work.  We walk as and with Christ, we don't sit on the couch waiting for that which is coming to us.

God will help you loose that extra weight, but you have to get off the couch.  God blesses those who trust him and get off the couch.  He can choose to bless those who stay on the couch...that doesn't happen that often.  The theme in the bible has always been:  Get up, ask or begin to walk and the Lord will take over the rest.  Always.

He gives some people a great talent in public speaking, but if they remained locked in their closets so nobody ever hears them because they fear they may say the wrong thing, how will the Lord bless that persons work?

I have opinions about Mel and how he should spend his money, but those are my opinions.  I may or may not agree with what he has done.  But, God gave him a very creative gift and he has been blessed greatly because Mel went out and used his gift.

What would you say to or of Job?  He was blessed to be even more wealthier after his trials.  This man was upstanding in front of God.  What of Solomon?  Did you know, that it was not his wealth that built the temple, rather it was David who stored up the material and wealth for Solomon to build the temple and for the future of Isreal?  The wealth of the Kings of Isreal after David (althogh they blew quite quickly) was built up and stored by David.  The man after Gods own heart.  I'm sure there were alot of starving children in the lands those days that could have used the money instead of irresponsible royalty.

God also said that he will take from those who have nothing and give it to the rich.  What of the parable of the talents.  The man who received one and burried it had that taken from him and given to the one who had 10 and doubled it.  He obviously had more then enough, didn't he.  Did the master really need to give the richest that which he took from the poorest?  Shouldn't the poorest have received something from the rich? But that is not how God works, he bless those who take what they have and get to work with it, and God will take the blessings from those who do nothing.

Gods plan is to bless those who believe, trust and rely on him, with greater wealth then we can imagine.  For crying out loud, he is making us a mansion in a city made of precious stone and gold.

I think it is wrong of us to judge others talents, gifts or blessings.  It does us no good and it is not of the spirit to do so.  Lets us not judge, lest by the same measure we will also be judged.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Phix @ Dec. 14 2004,3:07)]Mel Gibson has cool hair.
biggrin.gif

Jfreak: Don't be throwin' no wired mouses. Just throw the rolling ball inside mouses.
laugh.gif
waht if he's got an optical mouse o:b

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]waht if he's got an optical mouse o:b

What happens when you are me and have three moles no mice? (Mole is a cordless mouse, ie...mouse with no tail. LOL).

I have to agree with maxx, spending a little money on yourself, or owning a computer is way different from spending 15 mil on a private island! Think of how much better that money could have been used! However I suppose I shouldn't judge Mel, it's God's money, he entrusted it to Mel, and I guess Mel's gonna be held responsible for what he did with it someday. Then again, who's to say that that money isn't already tithed?

Why are you so controversial? Remember the story of Mary and Jesus... She unbound her hair, which is something ONLY a man's wife would do for him in um... you know... hope you do. don't ask me. judas said, why could't that be used to feeding the poor? jesus basically said, get your priorities straight dude! i will not always b here, but your poor pals will be. priotiies judah(ite)! haha... taken from leftbehidn series... judahite... lol. if you have'nt read them, don ask.
tounge.gif

I wonder how many people here actually tithe the correct amount?

Don't ask me what the correct amount is...because if you have to ask me how much is the correct amount for tithing, then you are definatly not tithing the correct amount.

actually the correct amount for tithing is how much the Lord leads you to tithe.

Of course if you want to do an OT tithe, then that is somewhere between 26-28 percent of your gross income. The 10% is just of the first fruits, which was the best of the lot, the second and third harvest each had a lower tithe associated with them.

Kidan's around still. That's good. A voice of reason.

And I don't know if anyone noticed, but while there was idiocy about mice and balls Maxx kinda left.

I say that Gibson made the movie with intent to reap the benefits solely of it. He did what megachurches do: take advantage of God for the pocket's sake. He preyed on emotions and faith to get people to watch his film. That he released it at a pivotal, religious moment of the year ("in keeping with my film, of course") is not to be overlooked. Big sales, big benefits right there.

Then again, even evil can be used for good, so whatever. I think it's disgusting what he and others like him do for the name of God, or the name of the wallet. Sometimes I wonder if Wallet and God are synonymous for the modern Christian leader. Or at least the successful leaders.

I also adhere to the idea that not all things are gifts from God. I won't be thankful to God when my testicular cancer strikes. And I sure won't be praising Jehovah Jireh when an earthquake opens up and swallows up half an island chain. "Oooh, but everything happens for a reason!" Yeah, well, not everything comes from God, anyway. We do have some guy called the Prince of the Air wandering around, if I remember correctly, and believe it or not, he and his minions exude a lot of influence on the modern world. He does things on his own, and not everything he does, I'm sure, is a gift from God, or else the downfall of Adam and Eve was the first blessing from God. Interesting that it resulted in the first curse. "Oh, but mortality is a blessing from God, Adam! Don't be mad because we've been struck with a curse that will reach down into endless generations to come! Thank God for sin."

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]actually the correct amount for tithing is how much the Lord leads you to tithe.

This is quite correct. To top it all of, it all belongs to the Lord to begin with. My tithing, so to speak, ends not at any church. Rather, when I walk by a homeless man you asks me for spare change, I reach deep into my pocket and give him all the change I have, not just 10 percent. When I pick up a person who is walking to work in 40 below weather with stern wind blowing from the north, I don't take them only 10% of the way to work, I take them all the way.

We bear the fruit of the spirit...and it must be freely given, and we are freely blessed. All things happen on Gods time scale, and Mel released the movie at the right time. If his intentions were greedy and he gained, then I lament as Habakkuk lamented. And I take comfort in the promises that God gave to Habakkuk. But never shall I judge Mr. Gibson for how he chooses to spend his "talents" If they are for greedy reason, then they shall rust and if it is for Godly reason, then they shall endure.

Back