• Yes!

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • No :(

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
Ah come on you meh voting people are weird! :p

Also I've long liked music from that era. +1 for choosing The Loving Spoonful as their first licensed music in a "Meet the" video. Music made today is overproduced.

Comparing with the Australian Christmas 2011, its reasonable.

The only thing I don't like is having the 2 pyro weapons existing only to a "fantasy world".

The weapons are pretty nice. The hats are ok but there's a lot of them.

The video however was merely meh. I feel they did a lot more with the other videos as far as developing character and telling a story. Meet the Medic and Meet the Spy being my personal favorite. Compared to the other Meet the videos, it lacked a lot.

The weapons are pretty nice. The hats are ok but there's a lot of them.

The video however was merely meh. I feel they did a lot more with the other videos as far as developing character and telling a story. Meet the Medic and Meet the Spy being my personal favorite. Compared to the other Meet the videos, it lacked a lot.

You know I thought that when I first started watching it, but honestly when you think of the Pyro, there really isn't a lot to know of the character. I mean you can't even really understand what he says, nor do you know what he looks like. All you know is he's wearing a full suit of flame retardant gear with a flamethrower and axe/mailbox (mailbox ftw). Its no wonder that his mind is so twisted that he doesn't realize he's roasting people to death, and that the other characters would be horrified at his seemingly disregard with lighting them, or anyone around them on fire, or hacking them to death.

On a side note I've also been told I over analyze, but it honestly makes sense imo.

I'll admit there was not as much content to the Pyro video as others but I didn't want more information revealed about the Pyro so I was happy with it. The more specific information you reveal about the characters the more people will be less likely to relate to them. Keep the actual info vague and focus on the character archetypes and they become facets of peoples' personalities they can relate to. Point in case having learned of the overt adulterous ways of the spy I am less inclined to like him because it is against my personality. Yes it's spy like to be a ladies man but explicitly sleeping with the Scout's mother put me off. So I can't say I like Meet the Spy best for that.

Also I saw the f-word joke coming in the meet the Spy video to the point of mouthing it before it happened. Why? Because Valve pulled the cussing bleeped joke twice before in the meet the Demo and meet the Scout. Discarding moral reasons the joke was predictable and that seldom makes for a good joke.

I'm not saying meet the Pyro was the best video it just didn't disappoint me and would have if they had "revealed" the Pyro's true nature. A mystery is only entertaining while it is still a mystery, solve it and everyone leaves.

Last edited:
I'm very happy they didn't reveal the pyro identity. His/her identity is part of the mythos of the game and to reveal it would steal from the identity of the pyro.

My point about the Meet the Medic and Meet the Spy videos was that they told a story about the character. The Meet the Sniper video was good as well in that it showed the character. All the Meet the Pyro video did was introduce new weapons and pyrovision. It revealed a bit about the pyro but I think there could have been better at telling a story.

If your going to release the program used to make the videos, you could put more story into the video.

I still think the Pyro is a robot and have for quite some time now. Why else would there be a "IS A ROBOT" light in the situation room featured in the Meet the Spy video?

But I'm glad Valve kept the mystery.

A. Mann vs Machine (some sort of update coming maybe that deals with huge robots.... maybe)

B. For the same reason there's also "Lost Dracula", "Found Dracula", "Smells", "needs Roommate" and "on Toilet" signs. Because Valve trolls...

A. Mann vs Machine (some sort of update coming maybe that deals with huge robots.... maybe)

B. For the same reason there's also "Lost Dracula", "Found Dracula", "Smells", "needs Roommate" and "on Toilet" signs. Because Valve trolls...

images

Problem?

I personally didn't care for it, but since I don't really play any more because valve has seemed fit to make the game more about a circus then team fortress this does seem to fit their MO.

Though I will have to admit I felt like I was in the mind of keero the whole time.

Back