Mechwarrior

Curmudgeon

I'm brand new here, been lurking in the bible studies and around the forum for awhile though, anyway, so if this has already been asked and answered I apologize, are we going to have a Mechwarrior Online chapter?
Thanks for having a God centered place for gamers to go! God Bless!

Not sure about the answer to your question - but I'm sure someone will chime in.

Wanted to say, "Welcome." Good to see you in the forums.

MWO and Hawken look like they're going to be pretty good games, so if we did have a Chapter for it, I would definitely join.

If there's no grossly objectionable content (and I sincerely doubt there would be in a Mechwarrior game), if there's sufficient interest to start a chapter, if a ToJ member in good standing volunteers to the lead the chapter, AND if that member is appointed to a Chapter Leader position then yes, we will have a Mechwarrior Online chapter.

That is a great deal of ifs. haha But that is indeed the way it goes. :)

Welcome out of the lurkzone, Curmudgeon. :D

I, for one, have high hopes for both upcoming Mech games (though especially MWO... which seemed you point of particular interest). My guess is that we'll see how things are looking for a possible chapter once the games are nearer to release. :)

MechWarrior Online Christian Group

Greetings All,

My username is Alex Reed. I have begun a Christian-based Mechwarrior unit called The Seraphim. I found your page via a Bing search for Christian gaming and I wanted to offer you a chance to check us out and join.

A little about myself. I am an eighth grade English teacher in Mobile, Alabama. I am 44 years old and I am a leader of two small groups at my church as well as an ordained deacon who is currently serving my second year (of a five year term) as an elder (advisor to the pastor) of a Southern Baptist Church here in Mobile.

My Enjin account name is Penhebogyd if you would like more information about me.

I am presently in closed beta with a few other friends and would like to get a jump on making a successful Mech unit.

The group is not overtly Christian because I want lost people to join so that they can be ministered to. Here is my post on the MechWarrior forum: House Marik page as of yesterday...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My name is Captain Alex Reed and I represent The Seraphim.

The Serpahim is a Free Worlds League regional/provincial unit stationed on planet Asuncion near the House Liao border. We currently fill a base defense role for two military contractors on the planet.

We are a group of casual players (American CST [GMT - 6]) who focus more on fun than leveling and intense competition. The key identifying feature of our unit is we are UBER-family-friendly.

- Profanity and obscenity are strictly off limits in our unit.

- We welcome all mechwarriors ... from novices and PUGs to the best of the best. Character is more important than skill and how you can relate to the group is more important than your ratio of kills to deaths.

- No one will dictate a schedule to you, which will allow you to play as much as you want without the guilt of missing meetings, training events, etc.

Right now, we are in the midst of our first recruiting drive, so lance structure and mech roles are wide open. If you would like to check us out, you will find us at The Seraphim unit site.

Take care and God bless you,

Captain Alex Reed

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If you are interested, please drop in and check us out. If you would like to join, use the Launch Code to bypass the Application Process. My life-verse is Hebrews 11:6 so, the LaunchCode is Hebrews116.

Back