You, with your words like knives
And swords and weapons that you use against me
You have knocked me off my feet again
Got me feeling like I'm nothing
You, with your voice like nails on a chalkboard
Calling me out when I'm wounded
You picking on the weaker man

You can take me down with just one single blow
But you don't know, what you don't know...

Someday I'll be living in a big ol' city
And all you're ever gonna be is mean
Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me
And all you're ever gonna be is mean
Why you gotta be so mean?

I was listening to this song, Taylor Swift's 'Mean' (found here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYa1eI1hpDE&ob=av3e)

Got me to thinking and I decided to post this on here, see y'all's thoughts.

So everyone that's seen my prior posts knows we moved from Louisiana to Texas. Well it took us about 10 months to get our house in Louisiana sold. My grandparents, weirdly, are millionaires, well my grandmother decided (she says she's a Christian. She reads the bible ALL the time, attends church, dances in the aisles..a bit weirdly) to help us and pay to fix it up a little and do yard work. Well the final price was going to be somewhere up in the 30-40 thousand dollar range.

We had to keep dropping price on the house until it sold for little more than what we bought it for. We didn't have enough to straight pay them back at the time, so my grandfather "Ben, from now on), well Ben happened to not like that. He freaked out at my dad over the phone saying he didn't keep his word and we have to pay them back.

Well. After a while, my dad finally worked out this plan where we're paying family for 3 years, payments every month until we've worked it off.

It worked well until this month, we're only 2 months in, and my grandmother called and gave my mother an earful saying she wanted her money yesterday. We, unfortunately, don't have this money at the time. The house rent here in Dallas is a bit pricier than mortgage on the house was in Louisiana, we also are paying off a SUV, and several other things we have payments on.

My step-grandfather and grandmother worship money. I mean, worship money. Ben forced my grandmother to stop doing Christmas for relatives because he doesn't want to spend that money...while he has a gambling problem. She doesn't let us go over $30 for birthday presents. We get to choose, she doesn't do it which isn't terrible.

But my grandmother has what may be mental issues, coming back from her mother Ila Mae and maybe even further down the line.. I went and stayed with her and Ben in March, we went down to Louisiana because my uncle had died, I told y'all about that before also.

Anyways. I stayed down there with them for an extra week and by the end of the week I was pulling my hair out. Ben and Grandma fight like a coon dog with a coon. I would go in the office, take my laptop, plug it in, turn the tv on loud, shut the door, lock it (the door was sadly glass), turn the fan on as loud as it'd go and put my earbuds in.

Grandma would tell me that because I had a dental problem...family thing, I get a lot more plaque than other people, that I would get cavities, lose all my teeth and have them replaced like Ben.

She's told me I'm fat, not handsome and will have a bride who hates me when I am older. FROM A GRANDMOTHER? Do ALL grandmothers do this? I haven't met one...except for mine.

She told me that my uncle, who JUST A FREAKING WEEK AGO DIED, did not love me because I didn't visit him in jail and only wrote him once (long story guys, if you want to know I can write another thread). She LOVES to put me down.

I was going to a wedding with them for my cousin, and in the car Ben asks me who I like in the presidential whatever so far..I'm not a big political guy, come on, i'm 13, but I knew the names so I scanned through who was still there running at the time, Romney, Paul, Gingrich, Santorum...hmm. Hey, Santorum! That's a cool name! so I said Santorum. Dear god that was the worst thing I've ever done.

Ben pulled the car on the side of the road and gave me the most brutal verbal beating I've ever experienced. It included some choice remarks such as : "RICK SANTORUM IS A LYING, CHEATING, DIRTY SNAKE WHO DESERVES TO BURN IN THE LOWEST PIT OF HELL AND WILL BRING AMERICA DOWN WITH HIM".

I try to drone them out. My grandmother pulls a butt load of crap. First she starts with quoting at me "Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee," Exodus 20:12. " Then if that doesn't work she starts with "If you lived in my household, you wouldn't be such a terrible person. Your dad has learned nothing from me." ALLLL the way to : "Why does no one love me anymore?!"

Yeah, after the wedding I proceeded to ask my other mamaw, the GOOD one, if I could stay with her. Best weekend I've had in years, probably because her funloving sisters were in town and that made mamaw awesome.

But I'm getting off topic. Grandma and Ben are being so ugly that my mom, who homeschools us, spent all day in bed crying because of what they're doing. She got up when dad got home, got on the computer and applied for several jobs. Fulltime, part time, at home, all of it.

We're luckily out for the summer, which of course we're homeschooled, but atleast she doesn't have to worry about doing anything right now to teach us.

We have two younger siblings, a 4 y/o and toddler and mom's considering having to put them in all day daycare and put me and my sister in school so they can pay off this from them.

With the way my grandmother is acting, she's no longer family. Family's a right you have to earn, and in my mind, she's lost it with me. I wouldn't mind not being near her again.

ALSO: The autopsy came in for my uncle...he overdosed with insulin, it's official, it was suicide. :(.

Not fun.

Last edited:
That's a lot to go through for anyone, but especially at 13. Does your mom and dad support the idea of not talking to grandma/grandpa for awhile? That would be where I would start..

Prayers for you and your family

That's a lot to go through for anyone, but especially at 13. Does your mom and dad support the idea of not talking to grandma/grandpa for awhile? That would be where I would start..

Prayers for you and your family

Thanks. Yes. Mom's the one who asked if we didnt want to see her for awhile. They've never been this bad.

Back