MC Raid: practice run next Thursday (Sept 15th) at 8:00 server time ...

Allanon

Ok, Artic Raiders via SGA will be hosting our first SGA-sponsored event. This will be largely for communication and determining how well our guilds can work together. Expect to die often, expect a big repair bill. If you have Fire Resistance gear, this is the time to pull it out. More details to follow as I get specifics.

If I may say something - you don't need FR gear until Ragnaros, unless you're the MT, in which case it's nice.

It's not worth giving up stats for FR gear until later on.

Folks, there is a thread on SGA forums discussing loot rules, I would have you all read it (those of you considering joining us on MC runs) and voice your opinions, now is the time for that discussion, once the raid is upon us, time won't be spent discussing it. Here is the link for your reading enjoyment ...

http://www.clanwind.com/wwc/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=139&PN=1&TPN=1

Please feel free to discuss it there, if you would rather discuss it as it relates specifically to us, post here and I'll summarize on the SGA forums. At this point, I have made some comments regarding the purposed looting rules, overall they are pretty good considering.

From the post:

Thanks Allanon. Here's my suggestion for Loot strategy, which will help us avoid Loot Drama:

1) Master Loot the whole time. It can be me, it can be a guild leader, I don't care. It just takes one ninja looting accident to ruin the fun for everyone. The raid leader will be responsible for posting to the forums every time a run was made & a nice item dropped.

2) Vendor Trash & BoE greens. I think we can set the Master Loot threshold to Blue, which would mean that other lesser stuff is round robin'd like normal trash loot.

3) Set pieces. 1 set piece per week per person. Random rolls like normal.

4) Non-set piece epic armor. Only the classes that can use should roll. If an item is clearly indicated for a class (i.e. +healing), only those classes that can make full use out of it should roll.

5) Epic / Rare weapons. This is the part that causes the MOST grief, so we should be very clear before hand. I propose:
- +% to crit w/ spells or +n to spell damage goes to casters ONLY.
- + healing goes to priests, druids, and pallies only.
- guns/bows: go to hunters ONLY.
- Stat bonus items: If it's clearly caster focused (+int/spi) it goes to a caster only.
- non casting-related daggers: rogues ONLY (dagger spec'd warriors... ok maybe, but prove it first).
- melee-damage focused melee weapons (warriors, rogues, pallies -- sorry hunters, but you get dibs on ranged weapons)
- stats focused melee weapons (i.e. +attack power, +% to crit) are open to all melee classes + hunters.

6) Fiery Cores / Lava Cores
- everyone rolls. Guilds should have plans set in place to collectively store cores or dole them out.

7) Core Leather (suggestion for consideration):
- Not sure if anyone has finkles' skinner, but it's tough to get so we should reward the person/people who have it. I suggest that those people trade off skinning the hounds (roll for 1st privilege), and people interested in the leather should roll (including the skinner). The winner should pay the skinner (3-5g?) for each piece of leather. That way, the person who worked hard to get finkle's gets compensation for their neat trick, but everyone who needs core leather has a shot at getting it.

8) Tanking weapons that give +defense or +armor (suggestion for consideration):
Main 2 warriors should have first dibs on these, before all other warriors & pallies. These are going to be the people that make or break the raid. Tanking the MC bosses is the hardest job & they need as much help as they can get. The top 2 warriors (who get the initial tanking job) should be determined by the following equation: HP + armor + (defense skill x 10)

Im not even gona be there but I have some questions about this, and I might be there in the future, who knows, so it would be cool to get this set in stone now...

" - melee-damage focused melee weapons (warriors, rogues, pallies -- sorry hunters, but you get dibs on ranged weapons)

- stats focused melee weapons (i.e. +attack power, +% to crit) are open to all melee classes + hunters."

What is "melee-damage focused melee weapons and how does that differ from "stats focused melee weapons"? Melee-damage focused melee weapons to me means +crit baby...

Also rouges get daggers thats a given, there is no such thing as a duel wield dagger spec warrior. So why are they rolling on swords/maces/axes? Also what about polearms?

looks cool, expect don't use ML looting - Master looting is bugged. Sometimes people who you are trying to award an item to don't show up in the ML list. Have had a couple of bad experiences with this. We usually run MC with FFA loot, and severely discipline those who step out of line.

I would strongly caution against fixing the items to only go to certain classes... I know several guilds that have had very serious problems due to the 'warrior lobby' or the 'pvp lobby' marking loot as "theirs" when it is actually really useful to many classes.

However, these are going to be the Epic+ items anyways, so it is no big deal :) I am just saying that rules on that sort of thing may only INCREASE drama as one group fights with another over which group it is in. Try this for example:

A SWEET STAFF THAT JOHN WOULD REALLY LIKE TO EXIST::
Epic, 2h Staff
+260 Armor
+25 with Arcane Damage
+20 with Nature Damage
+2% Chance to Hit

So.... who does this go to?

Any Druid will tell you, this IS A DRUID PIECE... and it is.... IF you are a balance/feral druid.
Which NO one in their right mind will be (before the new ZG set is out anyhow).
But if they were, this would be the ultimate staff for them.
It is about 700 armor in bear form, and it gives + to their damage in elf mode. But the +tohit is useless to them.

However, let us look at this: Hunters can use staffs.
Hunters actually use +Arcane and +Nature (for their stings and such)
+% to hit is much more powerful when applied to ranged weapons then close combat.
+Armor is a good thing for anyone.
Any Good hunter uses his main weapon to buff his ranged (or pet if that can happen)

Henseforth, this item would be squarly balanced between both classes. And when that happens, drama will prolly ensue. I think we can overcome this, but perhaps someone (looks like it will end up being me for suggesting this) should spend the time to research all of the Epics that may drop and assign them to a class or two. It wouldnt be too hard :) and the list could be made availiable to all of the GMs for their ease of use. Of course, the list would be made public, and any members (for a given amount of time) can post their opinions and ideas :D

Back