Match v. pdX

And by the way (since I can't edit my post), only James showed up for practice. James gets brownie points. Shagz is excused this time. Killerah-- well I can understand if you were doing something important. But just in general, show up for practices (yeah, this applies to me too)!

Hmm.. are they Vanilla brownies? I'm allergic to chocolate. :p

Rankin and Campgrounds are still my best.. Grendel is a close third.

Times? I'm about as open as can be..

Checking in...wrist isn't great, trying to take it easy, icing it. Here's me picks for now though, in case we play and I'm good by then:

Campgrounds
Irony
Rankin

I'd love to learn Goose so we can start playing on that...getting sick of seeing the same maps come up over and over again. :p

Days:
Mon night (tonight)
Tues night
Wed night
Fri night
Sat night or day
Sun aft or night

Yea, pretty open this week...if any of you guys want to hook up in the middle of the week some night for a little one on one, two on one, two on two, whatever, just let me know...but *let* me know so I can schedule it; otherwise I'll end up working on other things.

Ok, Major Major Rocket and Flak usage. It seemed (at least when we played them 4v4) that they rarely used HS. Unless they have changed their play style be prepared to keep the Rox anc Flak under control. Have fun!

That's a useful bit of information, and I for one am greatful for it.

This may not be the right thread, but I must say... After 404 creamed us I expected the usual attitude of:

pwned! you guys suck!

However you are actually very cool and a welcome addition to the forums. It's nice to see a group of great players that actually have a decent attitude and a good head on their shoulders. :)

Thx for the compliments. I think to a large degree, the fact that most of us are in the late 20's early 30's plays a big role in how we act. (No offense to the younger peeps). Personally I am 30, married (9 years in July) and am expecting our third child any day now. Since I only play mostly on Tues and Thurs nights it is a struggle to keep up with the younger peeps who have oodles of time to pour into UT....but keeping priorities in order is very important for me, so I make some sacrifices. And as for the creaming, everyone gets creamed at one point or another and it is not terribly fun to be on the receiving end. Have fun with pdX, and let me know if they are still rox/flak heavy.

Current Status: Attacking {pdX}
Maps: DM-Rankin, DM-DE-GrendelKeep, DM-Campgrounds2k4-G1E
Match Date: Saturday, April 16 9:00 PM EST

(Be there)/B².

Hey, sorry I missed practice, I was barfing. I can most likely make that match, I'll just have to check the callendar (which is ALL the way downstairs) and I'll get back to you later.

BTW, my wrist is feeling *much* better now, so I can start playing again. Sat night is alright with me (that's right, Saturday night is alright with me...I believe that's Elton John, isn't it?)

Who are we going to field?

Saturday night it is then. I have been recently informed that I was scheduled to visit my grandmother after I scheduled the match for saturday, but I think I'll just come late to that so I can play the match. It's at 9 EST, but you all probably already knew that since you're all team captains and you check teamwarfare.com at least every other day, right? :)

Oh yeah, I check TWL every spare moment! Or something like that... Anyway, I'll be there. And just out of curiosity, how good are these guys?

I know because I checked and because you posted the times in this very topic. :D

Have you decided who you will be playing with?

Is a demo of the first match available yet? It's the first match I didn't totally stink and I want it for my records. :p

There's a server demo of the first match, but I don't have a personal demo of it. You'd have to ask Kraniac about that.

here's my personal demo from the 2nd match. (not great, I made a number of mistakes through out me thinks. :p)

Heh, yeah you did pretty good James. Especially today, you and Shagz were doing really really well against me and lands/ide. I'm really surprised that we managed to beat you guys with how well you were doing.

"And we wouldn't gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you nosey kids and your stupid shock combos" <shakes fist>

Well, I think one of the main things that we've all improved on is power up timing, and I think that's mainly because a) we're starting to memorizing the timings and b) we're communicating better about the timings. And communicating better also helps when it comes to sticking together as we move through the map.

A couple thing as a group I think we can work on is moving around the map to flank the opposition (looping around a corridor and coming up beside/behind an enemy while they're pre-occupied with your teammate; keeps you from shooting your teammate in the back by mistake :p ) and covering your teammate's escape when they're caught in a 2-on-1. We were doing some of that today in practice but we can probably do more/do it smarter.

Personally, I know I have to work on using the shock and shock combo/avoiding same. I stick mostly to flak/lightning/rocket launcher because they're close to each other on the weapon wheel, so I don't get down to the shock rifle much (I know, I should bind a key for it :p)

That, and keeping better tabs on my health AKA knowing when to run away/not pursue somebody and get health instead. As Kraniac/Landslide pointed out before, TDM is as much about staying alive and not giving the enemy a frag as it is about getting your own frags.

Back