Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Hype

Kendrik

Staff member
MvC3 comes out in just over a week. Eeeeeeeeeek!

I preordered my copy today, resorting to selling my Pokemon in order to have the money for it. I cannot wait... but I guess I have to.

Still... hyyyyyyyype!

Anyone else picking it up?

Is Mario or Sonic in it? Fox was the best in the second.

MvC3 comes out in just over a week. Eeeeeeeeeek!

I preordered my copy today, resorting to selling my Pokemon in order to have the money for it. I cannot wait... but I guess I have to.

Still... hyyyyyyyype!

Anyone else picking it up?
Words alone cannot describe my hype for MAHVEL BAYBEE!

So I will use pictures instead.

Day one.

Yeah, I'll pick it up too. Too many awesome characters not to. :p

Where yo curleh mustache?!

I'll bring the salt. :p

I so hope that Capcom store's free shipping still gets it to me on release day.

That will be a bad day for classes. I'll be so antsy. XD

FOUR DAYS UNTIL MAHVEL, BAYBEE!!! SCOOPS!
/caps

I'm so stoked. Just hope that Capcom's shipping actually gets it to me on release day like I thought it would. I will T_T all over the place if it doesn't.

Watching combo videos by Tragic on Shoryuken/Youtube leaves me feeling like every character has the potential for awesomeness. Seriously.

Speculatively, I'm lovin' the thought of an Avengers team. So much awesomeness there. o_O

Less than five hours until a local launch!

...and I'm choosing to sleep instead. The cost of being alert for school tomorrow. Booooooo.

Seriously. I'm getting the game one way or another tomorrow. I must play it. Eeeeeeek.

Picking it up from GS tomorrow after class, another JPN 102 student is tagging a lot to pick up his copy, too.

Versus in the dorm lounge on the widescreen? Oh yes.

Guise. I haz it.

I went by Target on the way home. They had a Special Edition in stock. I grabbed it. I literally just "eeeeeeeggkk!!!!"'d.

Seriously.
/srs

FINISH WITH THE INSTALL SO I CAN PLAAAAAY!
/hypeface

Okay. Played a few ranked matches. One run through Arcade (final battle is sweeeeeeeeet). Then a whole bunch of matches with a friend. I got to try out the whole roster. I don't understand a couple of characters (like She-Hulk)... but the cast is, overall, really strong. The mechanics play like a dream. It's so fast and frantic... and totally awesome.

I'm in <3.

Added it to my Amazon Wish List so I can watch for sales. :)

Played Dbot some (crazy lag, he is in Florida though), and also Kendrik. I was 3-6, but most of the games were close-ish. I liked one where I popped my Hyper Combo a FRACTION of a second before he did his. Was fun. :p

Played Dbot some (crazy lag, he is in Florida though), and also Kendrik. I was 3-6, but most of the games were close-ish. I liked one where I popped my Hyper Combo a FRACTION of a second before he did his. Was fun. :p
That was definitely fun. Need more in the future. :D

At the beginning of the day... the "THIS IS AWESOME" factor ruled my mind... even though I didn't really have a clue what's going on. I'm starting to understand the game more... and learn a little of the various characters' strengths and weaknesses... but there's so much more to learn.

And, now that I'm (slowly) learning... I love the game even more. /hype

I think I'll stick with Wesker, Hulk, and possibly Taskmaster/Cap/Iron man. They seem like good alternatives (or just newbie friendly). Wesker's OTG assists look sick. >.>

I think I'll stick with Wesker, Hulk, and possibly Taskmaster/Cap/Iron man. They seem like good alternatives (or just newbie friendly). Wesker's OTG assists look sick. >.>
Taskmaster is awesome. Do it!

I'm liking the Avengers team a lot (Wolvie, Iron Man, Cap). And Team Sarcasm (Spidey, Deadpool, Dante).

Definitely a fan of Spencer, but I don't know how to use him yet. He's just cool.

I'm predicting my core team will eventually be Dante, Chris, and an undetermined third. /dramatic nod

Ehh, TM is a bit technical. Go go Cap.

Played several Player Matches, and one Ranked. Won them all. One guy had a sick Dante (vertical bullets, purple laser, area blast), but my Hulk sneezed and he died. Wesker is crazy for getting in and putting on the hurt though. His speed/teleports are awesome, just need to work on my combos. Was using Cap, Stars and Stripes HC cut through some specials. xD

In case if you're not using it already, get on Shoryuken's MvC3 guide. It's amazing. Seriously.

Lack of playing the game right now is killing me. Stupid classes that go all day. /smh

I still can't decide on a third character for my team (Chris, Dante, _______). Spencer is definitely an option... but yeah. Need more gaming to decide!

Saw that last night, improved my game muchly. :D

Well, if you goes those two, I'll go Wesker, Trish, and someone else opposite of your team. Villains ftw.

And we should game some more dude. Just wish I had my arcade stick with me. The D-pad is fine, but my thumb hurts after like 2-3 matches. :/

Well, if you goes those two, I'll go Wesker, Trish, and someone else opposite of your team. Villains ftw.
:lol: Do what you want. XD If you pick Doom, you're probably gonna be a good opponent for anything I choose.

Seriously considering Deadpool, though. "HAVE GUN, WILL SHOOT!"

If I pick Deadpool, go Taskmaster if you wanna counter me from a lore standpoint. Only... Taskmaster's skillset (photographic reflexes) runs into trouble with Deadpool's erratic styling.

/comic nerd

Edit: I'm really, really interested in playing Thor, though. I feel Chris and Dante both do well enough at a distance to not need another projectice-heavy character. Thor's life and sheer damage potential are both insane. (PS Hulk would be an awesome counter due to Hulk vs. Thor.) Also interested in Zero, Felicia, X-23, and Taskmaster.

And we should game some more dude. Just wish I had my arcade stick with me. The D-pad is fine, but my thumb hurts after like 2-3 matches. :/
Absofreakinglutely. And get your stick. By whatever means necessary. It's so, so much better.

Also, when creating rooms, I ask/recommend creating rooms with more than two slots. Just set them to private. That way if Darkbot, Omega, or anyone else we know is online and wants to play, they can join us.

Be thou inclusive. <3

Last edited:
Back