March 13, 2009 - TF2 Update

Sacrifice

Gameplay Changes

• Players who are stunned by a Scout now take 50% less damage
  • Increased the minimum distance to stun a player with the Sandman

Fixes

• Fixed problem where clients were unable to join a team or maintain a connection to the server
  • Fixed Scout taunt kill achievement firing for people who didn't actually qualify
  • Fixed client crash in when creating muzzle flash effects
  • Fixed client crash when determining which disguise weapon to use for a spy
  • Fixed Natascha's chain not being drawn on the view model
  • Fixed stun code regression that resulted in a subtle reduction of Natascha's slowdown effect
  • Fixed rocket & grenade jumps not propelling players as far as they're supposed to

HUZZAH! The Sandman has been nerfed!

/me dances a jig

Damage smamage, I use that sucker for Ubers and long-range sniping. xD

I agree with the new nerf anyways. :p

Not how I would have nerfed the Sandman but it's probably the easiest way for Valve to do it. I think the Sandman should not to stun you but make you dizzy or confused. After being hit with it you'd not be able to use your weapons and your movement keys (left, right, forward etc.) would be scrambled randomly for the duration of the effect. It would have allowed dodging but given unpredictable stumbling around movements.

Last edited:
oh, nice touch MG I really like that, but it would probably be really hard to code into the game? I played not to long ago and I could tell one of the players had made a macro for the sandman. He could instantly switch weapon and hit the ball. really made me mad when you are in a close area fight and the just get 2 ft infront of you and do it.

Thank goodness, I am so tired of being bonked, but its still going to be a problem.
There was someone on a server a few days ago when i was playing that you could not hit because he was somehow able to keep drinking the energy drink every few seconds. He was no real threat except when he used taunt kills and when my sentry was shooting at the scout instead of ppl killing my sentry it was pretty annoying.

Glad to see they nerfed the Sandman, but I still think they need to reduce the stun duration. Maybe make it increase more with range, but start much lower.

Back