Map Rotation

EspressoMachine

It would be awesome if we had other game types besides Onslaught. I'd like to play on our server more, but Onslaught is tiring. If it's not possible, or too much work, no biggie, I'll just keep playing on other servers.

I don't mean to be demanding , especially since I've donated $0.00 to ToJ. My wife and are barely going to make rent this month, but that's coming to an end in August, after I start my new job. We've got some debt to pay off and whatnot, but ToJ'll be getting a chunk-o-love from me within the next few months :p

"Love is all you need" as somebody once said.
smile.gif

ColdSteel and I have actually been talking about this and we hear ya. Two things I'd like to establish in the next little while are a) a specific gaming night (ie. a night when all ToJers can come out to game once a week, for sure) and b) alternate game type nights, where we load up a DM map rotation, or maybe Bombing Run.

Off the top of my head, I'm going to suggest Mondays and Weds as potential days for this to go down, and I'll just pick Monday nights as "ToJ night" and Wed as "DM night", but I'm totally open to suggestions. (I'm suggesting middle of the week days as most weekends peeps have other commitments)

I'll need to contact Plankeye about allowing gametype switching through the Web console, but I think I can do it by hand if I login as an Admin onto the server...I'll play around with it on the weekend maybe, some night when no one's on.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheJfreak @ July 28 2004,11:51)]Yo should i add that to the letter to say we have game nights and stuff
Wait until it's finalor maybe put it in like it's forming (later date, check the ToJ website).Then post it with your welcome.CS

That sounds great. I'd love to have one night a week where we could all meet up and play. I've been playing through the single player a lot recently, getting the hang of the game. It's interesting that onslaught isn't in the single player ladder
rock.gif
But some BR or CTF or DM would be awesome. You're my hero, Shagz.

I would try hard to make a dedicated night, if we set one.

And I'm all in favor of having DM sometimes. In fact, I think if we had map voting, with ONS, DM, and BR, that would be best.

But if we have BR, I, at least, would like to see the Translocator disabled. Too many people abuse the Translocator, and it becomes a game, not of dodging and aiming, but of teleporting about, entirely unable to shoot another person or have another person shoot you.

re: Translocator supressing, alternate game types by vote, etc....well, Plank has set me up with access to the server direct, so while he's studying 'n stuff I'll be attempting to learn how to admin the server, get UTVote back up and configured so that it doesn't run the maps that crash the server and disable all the silly mutators.

So y'all sit tight. Once we have an admin program installed, the server is stable playing Onslaught maps, will look into figuring out how to crash it with different game types. ;)

Yup, I remember that one...and there were problems with the CBP2 as well, we'll leave that one alone too. I'll see about the two bonus maps, Airidoom and Ascendancy, though...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ColdSteel @ Aug. 01 2004,9:07)]gotta get those admin commands working , i can't kick anyone,
sad.gif
Taken out of the context of the game and mean people playing (the reason you would need to kick someone), this sounds very funny.

I've been set up with web admin access, thanks to Plankeye and Tek7, so I can kick/ban people. I'm on a lot during the day, so if you have any problems, see if I'm on another server, on the forums, or on MSNM. If not, you can email me.

re: kicking in general...CS, when do you think you'll be on next? We really should try and figure out what the kicking problem is. Kraniac, have you actually sucessfully kicked any one yet?

i have kicked a couple of folks via the web access.

the last time i tried using the ingame interface it wouldn't really let me.

a majore problem is the lack of a TSAY or CSAY equilavent. We need to have big huge letters for all to see, so admins can tell these folks they need to change their names....

re: kicking....ok, so web access works, but in-game kicking isn't on point. I *think* this has something to do with players having unique values. I don't think you can just kick by using their <player name>, you need something more.

re: TSAY, CSAY...<gone looking for another mutator>

Yes, I have sucessfully kicked people. I haven't tried the ban function, because I have no way to un-ban. I can also add and change mutators but I didn't want to inflict that on anyone while there were people on the server.

Admininstrating this server would be better if we had a few things:
1. A way to change player names besides our own
2. A way to unban
3. A way to call votes
4. A way to change the level to DM/TDM/BR, etc.

But, I certainly don't want to complain. I'm satisfied with the way it is now.

Kraniac, did you kick them *in-game* or from the Web Access panel?

1. Can't be done with the existing set up, or any mutators that I've seen, although the one mutator I want to implement has a "name filter", so you can kick out any bad words.

2. Unban I think can be done manually. You just find the ban list in the server config and delete the entry you want to unban, but obviously not everybody can do that.

3. That's what UTVote is for, but it's not running at the moment.

4. You can change the level/game type through the console *in-game*, but it's a little clumsy
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]ADMIN SWITCHLEVEL <mapname?game=gametype?mutator=mutator>
...and I'm not sure what happens after you finish that game, whether it kicks back to the original map rotation.

Back