map packs

exodus

before i download 750MB worth of maps, are all the map packs in the sticky still active or are most of them outdated by now? is it worth it to download them all or is there a new map rotation?

Good point. Gerbil, can we trim the map packs down to a "rotation" map pack and a "testing" set of map packs?

Good point. Gerbil, can we trim the map packs down to a "rotation" map pack and a "testing" set of map packs?

As of right now you can safely download the first map pack as it contains only the maps that will remain on our server. Not all of them will be in the rotation but it contains all the maps we used to play before I took over the server. Impact, Mach4, Labor etc. plus some of the ones in the current rotation. I imagine people may request them at some point so I'm leaving them on there.

You can also download the 5th map pack if you are planning to attend our practices or STA matches. It contains only the maps STA has scheduled to use.

Once we are done testing the maps I had planed to remove the unwanted ones making new smaller packs. It's pointless to remove them now though because we will be testing new maps every public game night this month ( I only announced it on the 4th go here http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31745 ). So very few of them are never going to be played again as of right now wait two weeks and it will be different.

The real problem is the fact that I can't link directly to a 7.zip file which is almost half the size of a .zip. It has something to do with there being no mime type for it. If anyone has a solution for this tell me because I am not likely to find one being completely out of my element. Also I tried putting a 7.zip inside a .zip and it didn't work.

Note: I probably should have sorted the maps in the map packs a differently but I did it by size to keep each pack under ~200mb . After trying to upload the maps 6 times (which took days) I did it that way to make each one smaller and hopefully work XD.

Last edited:
As of right now you can safely download the first map pack as it contains only the maps that will remain on our server. Not all of them will be in the rotation but it contains all the maps we used to play before I took over the server. Impact, Mach4, Labor etc. plus some of the ones in the current rotation. I imagine people may request them at some point so I'm leaving them on there.

You can also download the 5th map pack if you are planning to attend our practices or STA matches. It contains only the maps STA has scheduled to use.

Thanks much :)

Once we are done testing the maps I had planed to remove the unwanted ones making new smaller packs. It's pointless to remove them now though because we will be testing new maps every public game night this month ( I only announced it on the 4th go here http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31745 ). So very few of them are never going to be played again as of right now wait two weeks and it will be different.

The real problem is the fact that I can't link directly to a 7.zip file which is almost half the size of a .zip. It has something to do with there being no mime type for it. If anyone has a solution for this tell me because I am not likely to find one being completely out of my element. Also I tried putting a 7.zip inside a .zip and it didn't work.

Note: I probably should have sorted the maps in the map packs a differently but I did it by size to keep each pack under ~200mb . After trying to upload the maps 6 times (which took days) I did it that way to make each one smaller and hopefully work XD.

you need to reestablish the file type link action in windows for it..7zip works fine here. which version fo winders and we can guyide you on how to redo that file association.

Back